SEP SBE .Cloud: Remediation Steps for Clients with RED Status
|Article:TECH217387|||||Created: 2014-05-12|||||Updated: 2015-02-17|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217387|
When clients are having trouble they may show a red status in the manager and on the client, this document will discuss the recommended initial remediation steps when this occurs.
Agents can show a red status for a number of reasons including the following.
- Virus definitions are out of date by 14 or more days.
- Client policies are out of sync with the Hosted Endpoint Portal.
- Communication with the Hosted Endpoint Portal could be interrupted.
Client virus definitions are out of date by 14 or more days:
Symantec provides a stand-alone auto-updating definitions package called Intelligent Updater which will update a client to the newest definitions, this can clear blockages which may occur if older definitions are corrupt and preventing the client from updating definitions using the regular LiveUpdate process. In cases where definitions are out of date, run the intelligent updater on effected systems.
Intelligent updater download is available at http://www.symantec.com/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=savce
Client policies are out of sync with the Cloud Portal:
Please re-distribute the policy to the groups containing clients with red status, this will update their policies and hopefully re-establish proper functionality. To do so:
- Login to the Hosted Endpoint Portal (https://hostedendpoint.spn.com).
- Navigate to the "Policies" tab.
- Click the "Endpoint Protection" link on left side of the page.
- Open the policy used by the effected client.
- Click "Save and Apply" at the bottom of the page.
- Hit the F5 button to refresh the page, when the distribution bar reaches 100% that indicates that all clients have received the policy.
Clients having trouble communicating with the Hosted Endpoint Portal:
The following two documents discuss the various URLs necessary for proper functionality of SEP SBE .Cloud, please review them and make sure that all necessary communications are open and available.
- Please check that the following URLs are not blocked: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH212180
- Please browse to these sites using an internet browser to confirm connectivity: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH216421
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH217387