One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed
|Article:TECH28703|||||Created: 2007-04-12|||||Updated: 2007-04-13|||||Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH28703|
When attempting to launch the "Baseline Compliance Scan Wizard" using Internet Explorer 7*, an error message is displayed that reads:
One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either:
Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls.
As a result, the page may not display correctly.
Clicking OK immediately displays a second error that reads:
Terminating wizard. This wizard requires you to download the file.
Notification Server 6 SP3 R4 (KB27859)
Altiris Console 6.5.1144 (KB25949)
Application Management Solution 6.1.4088
Internet Explorer 7
Internet Explorer 7's Security Settings were configured to disable the automatic prompting for ActiveX controls.
- From Internet Explorer, click Tools > Internet Options > and select the Security tab.
- Click Trusted Sites > Sites and add the Notification Server to the list of Trusted Sites.
- Next, click Custom Level, from the Security Level settings for Trusted Sites.
- From the Security Settings Screen, scroll down to the section ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
- Look for Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls and choose Enable.
- Select OK to save the changes, select OK again to close out of the Internet Options page.
- Restart Internet Explorer and the wizard will load successfully.
Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH28703