Enable publishing from the Remote Agent to the Media Server per the following steps:
1. Go to the remote machine. Click Start > All Programs > Symantec Backup Exec for Windows Servers > Backup Exec Remote Agent Utility.
2. Click on the Publishing tab. (Figure 1)
3. Click the check box for "Enable the Remote Agent to publish information to the media servers in the list" (Figure 2). If publishing is already enabled, proceed to step 6
4. Make sure the Media Server's Name or IP Address is in the list. Add it if not.
5. Close the Remote Agent Utility.
6. Restart the Backup Exec for Windows Remote Agent service.
7. Go to the Backup Exec Media Server, attempt to make a new selection list the yellow exclamation should be gone if the remote machine is now advertising properly.
If the above solution doesn't work then follow the below mentioned steps:
1. Check if the server is listed under the favorite resources
2. Delete it from Favorite resources under windows systems
3. Enable the publishing on the remote server which was removed from the favorite resources
4. Restart the remote agent service on the remote server
5. Restart the BEWS services on the Media server too
Now the exclamation Mark should be gone.
Note: In most cases if publishing is not enabled then the server will just not show up on the favorites list. Enabling publishing per the steps above usually only resolves the issue because publishing was enabled at one time, the server was publishing correctly, and then for some reason publishing was disabled.