How to install Backup Exec
Articles, videos and downloads that help solve the most common problems related to Symantec Backup Exec.
How to install Backup Exec 2012: Step-by-Step
- Pre-Install recommendation:
Review the following documents before attempting to install Backup Exec 2012
a. Best Practices for Backup Exec 2012 installation
b. Backup Exec 2012 Software Compatibility List (SCL)
c. Backup Exec 2012 Hardware Compatibility List (HCL)
- Download the Installation media:
The Backup Exec 2012 DVD ISO image can be downloaded using one of the following methods:
a. Download from the FileConnect website
b. Download from the Backup Exec Trialware website.
- Begin Backup Exec 2012 installation:
Double click on the "Browser.exe" file from the DVD media to launch the Backup Exec installation.
- Finish Backup Exec 2012 installation:
Follow the Backup Exec Wizard instructions to install the product. For detailed instructions see Step By Step guide to download and install Backup Exec 2012
Note: A reboot may be required to complete the installation.
- Post-Install recommendations:
a. Run LiveUpdate – Best Practices for Backup Exec 2012 and LiveUpdate
b. Reinstall Agent for Windows Systems (AWS) – How to install Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Windows
- How to obtain the installation source download and license keys for Backup Exec
- How to import Catalogs into a Backup Exec 12.x or later installation.
- Direct upgrade path from Backup Exec 11d, 12.0 or 12.5 to Backup Exec 2010
- How to upgrade / migrate (move) to Backup Exec 2010 R2 and a different server name / OS
- Before or after an upgrade to Backup Exec 2012, Shadow Copy selections need to be removed
- Step By Step guide to download and install Backup Exec 2010.
- After upgrading Backup Exec a backup of the local server fails with a Remote Agent error
- Install fails "ERROR: Installation failed with error 1603. GetLastError = :0"
- "FATAL ERROR: Error 1606.Could not access network location \IDR\Data."
- Backup Exec 2012 upgrade fails to install leaving the Backup Exec database in single user mode.
- Agents Backward compatibility Backup Exec 2012
- The Backup Exec Server Service did not start. An internal error (-1) occurred in object 51
- Steps BKEXEC Migration 2010 R3 to BKEXEC 2012???
- When trying to upgrade to Backup Exec 2012 It says I need to Migrate or Uninstall DLO
- Why Symantec does not recommend to install BE Master Media server under VM environment??