Symantec Drive Encryption Recovery
This step-by-step references using third party software to create recovery disks. For directions on burning bootable disks using other software programs, consult your software documentation.
Caution: Recovery disks work only with the corresponding version of Encryption Desktop\PGP Desktop installed on the system. For example, if you attempt to use a 10.0.x recovery disk to decrypt a disk protected with version 10.3.1, it will render the 10.3.1 disk inoperable.
This section uses Roxio as an example to use for creating a recovery CD.
To create a recovery CD
- Make sure Encryption Desktop\PGP Desktop for Windows and Roxio Easy Media Creator or Roxio Easy CD Creator (or other software that can create a CD from an ISO image) are installed on your system.
- Open Roxio Easy Media Creator or Roxio Easy CD Creator and choose to create a Data CD Project.
- Select File > Record CD from CD Image. The Record CD from Hard Disk Image screen appears.
- Select Files of Type > ISO Image Files (ISO).
- Navigate to the PGP Desktop directory. The default directory is C:\Program Files\PGP Corporation\PGP Desktop\.
- Select bootg.iso and click Open. The Record CD Setup screen appears.
- Insert a blank, recordable CD into a CD-Rom drive on your system.
- On the Record CD Setup screen, click Start Recording. The Record CD from CD Image Progress screen appears as the ISO file is burned to the CD-Rom.
- When the file is burned to the CD-Rom, click OK. The recovery disk is now ready for use.
- Remove the recovery disk from the drive and label it appropriately.
- Creating and Using a Recovery USB Drive for Symantec Drive Encryption
- Symantec Drive Encryption 10.3.2 for Windows Recovery Files for USB Drives
- Drive Encryption Diagnosis and Recovery - Symantec Drive Encryption & PGP Whole Disk Encryption
- Troubleshooting: Drive Encryption Recovery
- How to Determine if Your Microsoft Windows 8 System is Running in UEFI Mode
- Troubleshooting: Encryption and Decryption with Symantec Drive Encryption
- Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 for Windows Release Notes
- Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 for Mac OS X Release Notes
- Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 For Windows User's Guide
- Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 For Mac OS X User's Guide
- Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 for Windows Quick Start Guides
- Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 for Mac OS X Quick Start Guides