An updated guide for packing Office 2010 can be found here. It contains updated information on how to remove the Office Licensing Service from a layer and how to install that service to it's own layer or to the base.
This guide provides a collection of best practices when you virtualize Microsoft Office 2010. Office is one of the most virtualized applications with Symantec Workspace Virtualization. However, certain issues arise due to the diverse ways that customers virtualize Office along with the Microsoft licensing features unique to Office 2010. These instructions help you navigate these realities through three standard use cases.
This guide is meant to document specific steps for Office 2010. However, additional information is included such as how to use virtualization to run two versions of Office concurrently.
Furthermore, this guide is not intended to present all aspects of packaging and deploying in Wise Virtual Composer (WVC). Instead, the guide provides information on the unique aspects and necessary steps for packaging Office 2010.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Introducing virtualized Microsoft Office 2010
- About virtualized Microsoft Office
- Use cases
Chapter 2: Packaging Microsoft Office
- About preparing a packaging system
- About packaging Office 2010
- About Visual C++ runtime dependencies
Chapter 3: Preparing to deploy Office 2010
- Licensing virtualized Microsoft Office 2010 with a KMS or MAK
- Setting up a service in a layer
- Rearming the 30-day token renew timer
- Running Office 2010 with multiple layers
- Running Office 2010 with MUI layers
Chapter 4: Configuring additional options
- Optimizing virtualized Office 2010
- Configuring administrator permissions
- About running two versions of Office