The Symantec Webgates may be centrally managed by the Symantec Central Intelligence Unit (CIU). The CIU provides consolidated reporting representing the information and data stores by all of the webgates in the system.
In addition, the CIU provides a central configuration facility where each Web Gateway, and all of the webgates may be configured at once.
Any Symantec Web Gateway appliance can be configured to manage one or more other Symantec Web Gateway appliances. An appliance that is configured to manage other appliances is called a Central Intelligence Unit. On the Central Intelligence Unit, most Web GUI pages let you make changes or view reports for all managed appliances or individual managed appliances.
You can continue to log on to the Web GUI of managed appliances after you configure a Central Intelligence Unit. Managed appliances can be configured in any operating mode other than Central Intelligence Unit. When you configure an appliance as a Central Intelligence Unit, that appliance cannot function as a Symantec Web Gateway.
Central Intelligence features:
Centralized management: Make the same change to multiple appliances at the same time or make unique changes to individual appliances from the Central Intelligence Unit.
Centralized reporting: View consolidated reports from all managed appliances.
Here is the graphical implemention of the SWG CIU:
1. Boot and install SWG appliance.
2. Launch browser to access SWG IP:
3. Input your license and choose the server type as CIU:
4. Input the information of your admin account:
5. Review your server information:
6. After finish the setting, your CIU server will be reboot:
7. When you launch browser to access the CIU address, you will find out the Web UI is different to a SWG. It's said that this is a Central Intelligence server:
8. From Administrator --> Configuration --> Central Mgmt, you can configure the CIU and the managed SWG:
Now, you can manage and review the logs/reports from all your SWG in one console.