Repair SEP 11 system script
I put this together to address some systems with bad sylink.xml files or corrupt policy dat files. This script does the following:
- Lay down a mrk file so that multiple versions of this script can be run concurrently without fear they are running against the same system.
- Display current policy and version level
- Use PSexec to remotely run the SymDelTemps.exe temp clearing script
- Use PSexec to issue a SMC -stop command, in the script the command line includes the password option
- Attempts to copy the Sylink.xml file until the service is stopped, on success it copies the *.dat files from the current directory (which should be pulled from a working current system)
- Restart via a SMC -Start command
- Display current policy info and log to a CSV file
Items you need:
- Sysinternals utilities Sigcheck and Psexec
- Dat files from a current and working SEP 11 install
- Current Sylink.xml
If a system is fixed using the dat files from a group it does not belong to it will move as soon as it connects to the manager. I've been working on similar for SEP 12 but I've been running into complications.