Video Screencast Help
Symantec Secure Login will be live on Connect starting February 25. Get the details here.

SD.ResetPassword 7.5 Email Send Host Name Fixed!

Created: 29 Jan 2013 • Updated: 26 Aug 2013 | 1 comment
QuietLeni's picture
+2 2 Votes
Login to vote

Dear All,

I just finished doing an implementation of Service Desk 7.5 and I had two problems with the SD.ResetPassword Workflow:

1. The first was that the name of the SMTP Server in EACH of the Send Email components had the wrong name for the Application ProfileProperty that held the SMTP Server in it. This resulted in ALL emails that were sent by the Workflow were generating errors in the log such as:

Application Name : SD.ResetPassword
Process ID : 4064
Date :28/01/2013 17:37:13
Log Level :Error
Log Category :LogicBase.Components.Default.Logging.CreateLogEntryComponent
Machine Name : <SDServer>
Message :
***** Error Occured - Reset Password *****
Location:  Primary Model (Email)
Exception component: Requestor's Email Allowed Reset
Exception message:
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: host
Exception stacktrace:
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: host
   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(String host, Int32 port)
   at LogicBase.Components.Default.Communication.SmtpClient2.GetClientDomain(String targetAddress)
   at LogicBase.Components.Default.Communication.SmtpClient2..ctor(String host, Int32 port)
   at LogicBase.Components.Default.Communication.SendEmailComponent.Run(IData data)
   at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.SinglePathProcessComponentExecutionDelegate.Execute(IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp, String& outputPath, IExecutionEngine engine, TLExecutionContext context)
   at LogicBase.Core.ExecutionEngine.AbstractExecutionEngine.RunComponent(TLExecutionContext context, IData data, IOrchestrationComponent comp)

All of the components were configured incorrectly and had the name of the Profile Property as "[[ProfileProperties].service_desk_settings_smtpmail_server]". This should be "[[ProfileProperties].service_desk_settings_smtp_mail_server]" instead:

2. The second was that there is a Status Update of the Workflow which gave an update to the process in the Ticket of “Approved by Not Found on Not Found”. I added in another component that said that the “Manager Approval is not required” and routed it correctly:

Anyway, I have altered the workflow and here is a fixed version of the Workflow. All you need to do is  download the package and then open it in Workflow Designer and publish.

Currently, this is in the evaluation stage with Symantec and will be released as a patch, but if you need it now, here it is.

Kindest regards,


Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

BRING's picture

This has been review, tested, and approved for release.  For official versions, please KB  TECH203767, and TECH202844.

Login to vote