Settings for Reports
Currently for reports, there are a few prerequisites that are needed on the client computer (that is using the console) before they can be used. Those are:
Download and install DB connector.
Download and install Office Web Components.
Possibly changing allowing access across domains.
The batch script located in the zip file below automatically does all of this. Just click and run 'Report Settings.bat'. You may have to OK a couple of prompts, but other than that, it is completely automated. No more hunting the files and settings.
What it does, in detail:
1) Determines whether it is a 32 or 64 bit operating system.
2) Creates an 'smpinsttmp' folder on the c drive.
3) Downloads required files from Microsoft's website.
4) Installs SQL 2005 Database Connector.
5) Installs 2003 Office Web Components.
6) Changes Internet Security option for Accessing Data Sources Across Domains in Internet and Local Intranet Zones to prompt; changes Trusted to Enable.
After the file is run, you may have to restart Internet Explorer. If the reports are still not working, restart your computer. If they STILL won't work, it is probably time to check settings, read through the manuals, or contact support.