Endpoint SWAT: Protect the Endpoint Community

View Only
  • 1.  12.1 to 14 upgrade? (License issue)

Posted Jul 19, 2017 07:25 PM

Well I've only been selling SEP for 8 or 9 years so what do I know, but I had thought keeping your Maintenance current meant you get free upgrades to the latest versions.  This has always been told to me through all the PartnerNet resources and such and I think in practice as well, though who knows, 12.x has been around forever.  So when I went to fileconnect.symantec.com just now and pasted in my client's 12.1 Serial #, which the certificate PDF indicates is still active until Oct 2017, it did not show me SEP 14 available to download.  What's up with that?  

• 2.  RE: 12.1 to 14 upgrade? (License issue)
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2017 07:41 PM

SEP 14 requires a new serial. We received an upgrade notification email with all the details to go through the process of getting the licensing squared away. We saw the same thing on FC until we got the new serial for 14. 

• 3.  RE: 12.1 to 14 upgrade? (License issue)

Posted Jul 20, 2017 06:06 AM

Thanks Brian, this time around btw I see the Mark As Solution link.  So weird it didn't show up in my last thread.  Anwyay so I'll dig for this email as I expect I should have gotten it as well either as a Symantec partner or because I use my own email addresses to register customer contact.  I'll dig through emails later today but since it's 6:04AM and I'm lazy, any chance you have the contact info for the correct team handy?  If not np and don't be shy about saying "do your own research" either ;) 

• 4.  RE: 12.1 to 14 upgrade? (License issue)

Posted Jul 20, 2017 06:54 AM

My colleague reached out to his contact for the partner we use, we don't generally go through symc :)