Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  14.0 Clients started turning off SEP so Upgraded to 14.2 same issue

Posted Feb 13, 2019 11:39 AM

This issue started happening a few weeks ago. Ran the symantec Diagnostic tool said wasn't at the latest. Upgraded server and clients to 14.2. Now some clients antivirus turned off randomly. Same issue but not as frequent. On my local workstation it is random. Happened this morning just turned off when opened a webpage. Checked the Event viewer no log of crash or shutdown. Restarted the symanted endpont service and ran the diagnostic tool.

Diagnostic too results:

IPS service Network Filter driver not configured. Servrice start mode demand start should be system start.

Caf not properly configured. "service not installed"  But it is..... I see it under services and starts.

Not sure where to start with this. Had symantec endpoint for years and have never experienced this. Happens on win7 clients also.

I never see a service crash in windows logs. Any Ideas?  Thanks ahead of time.

George

• 2.  RE: 14.0 Clients started turning off SEP so Upgraded to 14.2 same issue

Posted Feb 26, 2019 06:54 PM

i have already  an open case on MYSymantec Support

https://mysymantec.force.com/customer/s/case/50038000013XkKTAA0/esc-nam-spn-7034-the-symantec-endpoint-protection-service-terminated-unexpectedly-it-has-done-this-6-times-

they have all needed  logs and symdiag results.

i'm just expecting  a solution.

• 3.  RE: 14.0 Clients started turning off SEP so Upgraded to 14.2 same issue

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 28, 2019 11:09 AM

Are you still seeing this issue on a FRESHLY installed of Windows and a clean install of SEP client?