Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  2712:invalid license

Posted May 01, 2013 12:46 PM

Recently my company move the virtual server running the PGP command line software to a new location resulting in a new IP but retaining the same DNS name.  When I try to decrypt files I get a 2712: Invalid License error.  First solution I tried was to relicense the software using the recommended commands:

pgp --license-authorize --license-name "Name" --license-organization "Org Name" --license-number "11111-22222-33333-44444-55555-666' license-auth.txt --license-email user@email.com --force

The above command returns the following errors
    2706: PGP Command Line already has a license

3104: count not read read file, No such file or directory

The problem just began occuring when the virtual server was moved.  Any suggestions on how to correct?  I've tried multiple verision of the license-authorize command with "" marks in different places to no avail.  Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  RE: 2712:invalid license

Posted May 01, 2013 02:29 PM

It looks like there is no "license-auth.txt" file available in the current directory.  Do you actually have one?  If so, copy it into the directory where you are running the license authorization command.  If not, omit "license-auth.txt" from the command.

What version of PGP Command Line are you running?  Some earlier versions might lose their licensing information when run in a virtual environment (though I don't think you are seeing that issue, as your issue seems to be about applying the license initially in your new environment).

Thanks,

• 3.  RE: 2712:invalid license
    Best Answer

Posted May 01, 2013 03:44 PM

running PGP Command Line 9.9 build 110

Omiting the license-auth.txt worked like a charm!  Thank you so much for the quick and helpful response.  We are back up and running now.