Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  4.4.2 errors when attempting to send to SMG

Posted Aug 02, 2016 11:48 AM

Currently running SMG 10.6.1-4.  I'm attempting to shut down the last of my Exchange servers and point directly to SMG.

Three SMG scanners running on ESX 5.5, network on the VM hosts is not saturated.  However, when I change the F5 VIP from the Exchange servers to the SMG environment, all the internal SMTP servers start seeing 4.4.2 (Service Timeout) errors.  I switch back to the Exchange servers and the errors go away.

I've combed through the logs on the scanners and see no problems with attempted connections.  The VMWare team can't find any problem on the virtual switch, nor any strange configuration that would prevent connections (it's configured for unlimted connections, and pass them straight to the guest).

Is there some sort of recommended configuration I'm missing for either the VMWare ESX host or the individual VM guests running SMG?  Given the problem goes away when I have two physical Exchange servers in the mix, I'm inclined to believe VMWare is the issue, but I can't point to anything directly.

Thanks for any insight,

Aaron.

• 2.  RE: 4.4.2 errors when attempting to send to SMG

Posted Aug 03, 2016 01:57 AM
    Hi, Sorry, but i cant figure out your config we're talking about. I asume your problem is outbound, your virt exchange servers connecting to the virt smgs, right? If the last of your exchanger is connecting none of the others can connect. Is that the case? Strange... Have you tried a tcpdump? Thomas