Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  451 Temporary Local problem

Posted Oct 20, 2011 04:46 AM
      |   view attached

A client contacted me.  She just installed a new copy of Norton antivirus.  Ever since the installation she can't send email and has to temporary disable Norton to send the email.  The error that she gets is:

Email Error

451 Temporary local problem - please try later

Can anyone help.  She does not want to call me out and I am trying to help her out.

• 2.  RE: 451 Temporary Local problem

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Oct 20, 2011 11:50 AM

Hello,

Since you are carrying Norton, please visit : http://community.norton.com/ to have your doubts cleared.

I am sure they would assist you!!

• 3.  RE: 451 Temporary Local problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2011 01:33 PM

Greetings Marius;

Doing some searching around it seems this is a return email server message that is being displayed to you.

There are several different options.

1) ISP has issue on their server sending the users email. Possibly caused by the movement of their domain from one server to another, or another server related error. Search the internet for this message and read the posts about sendmail configuration and domain transfer.

2) Corrupt user profile, if the user has Outlook. One solutions I found mentioned creating a new user profile for outlook and this fixed the error.

I would hope that someone with more experience with the Norton error messages may contribute, but again, this is a standard mail server error message.

Regards

• 4.  RE: 451 Temporary Local problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2012 11:27 AM

Greetings.

Please mark this item as resolved it the issue is closed.

Regards