Messaging Gateway

View Only
  • 1.  454 4.7.1 : relay access denied

Posted Mar 25, 2018 05:02 AM

I am having a problem when sending any e-mails to a specific domain (only that domain).

The message is quied with the error "454 4.7.1<---@---.com>: relay access denied"

All search results are talking about SMTP settings which I double check it, and it is all correct. Any ideas? 

• 2.  RE: 454 4.7.1 : relay access denied

Posted Mar 26, 2018 06:18 AM
    If the error is for a domain on the Internet, that means they don't like your emails: that error could pertain to ip, sender info, recipient info. Either way, u would have to call (since emails don't seem to work) and get your ip allowed. it is also with noting that this can also happen if your is on a Blacklist! Even the small insignificant blacklists can cause remote domains to block your email connections. Go to multirbl.com and check your ip or domain.

• 3.  RE: 454 4.7.1 : relay access denied

Posted Mar 26, 2018 06:21 AM
    If the error is for a domain on the Internet, that means they don't like your emails: that error could pertain to your ip, sender info, recipient info. Either way, u would have to call (since emails don't seem to work) and get your ip allowed. it is also worth noting that this can also happen if your ip on a Blacklist! Even the small insignificant blacklists can cause remote domains to block your email connections. Go to multirbl.com and check your ip or domain. A simple test is to go to the SMG console (port 22) and telnet to the remote domain ip mta. If the telnet still fails then u need to get a hold on someone who manages that domains mta's!

• 4.  RE: 454 4.7.1 : relay access denied

Posted Mar 26, 2018 08:54 AM

Hello Alexander,

Thank you for your reply. 

I made SSH to the remote IP address on port 22, and it succeeded.

-------------------------------------------------------

Trying X.199.124.165...
    Connected to X.199.124.165.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_6.6.1p1 Ubuntu-2ubuntu2.10
    ^C
    Connection closed by foreign host.

Then I made the following test, and get the error message once I specified the TO address.

Trying X.199.124.165...
    Connected to X.199.124.165.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    220 smtp.mangrovenetworks.com ESMTP Postfix (Radioactive Virtualized Zombie Mudskipper)
    helo AAA
    250 smtp.domain.com
    mail from: user.mohamed@domain.com               
    250 2.1.0 Ok
    rcpt to: user@external-domain.com
    454 4.7.1 <user@external-domain.com>: Relay access denied
    421 4.4.2 smtp.external-domain.com Error: timeout exceeded
    Connection closed by foreign host.

Note: I changed the domain names and IP addresses for privacy. 

• 5.  RE: 454 4.7.1 : relay access denied

Posted Mar 27, 2018 06:15 AM
    Did you check to see if your MTA ips are on the multirbl.org checklist? If not Gimme the ips and I can check for you! Preliminary evidence suggests you are blacklisted somewhere causing u grief.