Dave Parker SymSep 06, 2016 09:57 AM

Dave Parker Sym

Dave Parker SymSep 06, 2016 09:58 AM

Migration User

Migration UserOct 04, 2016 04:51 AM

• 1.  501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 29, 2014 10:24 AM

Greetings!

We are a company offering various Internet related services.

Recently, we have transferred all our hosting servers to a new hosting server.

Our new and clean IP's have been listed as bad reputation on Symantec's list. at http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/. The IP has been neutralized and is not listed as a bad reputation anymore.

But yet, we still receive a return email as follows;

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
    host cluster9.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.249.35]:
    501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13802, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

I haven't confirmed yet, however I believe that the recipient domain is a client of Symantec. And it seems like the bad reputation de-listing is not updated or applied in the client's system.

This is very inconvenient for us as we will need to contact all of these domains to lift the target IP manually. It is not a practical practice at all.

I would appreciate if anyone could shed some light to this matter.

Thank you very much and good day.

• 2.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2015 04:52 PM

Hello,

The cluster9.us.messagelabs.com hostname is part of the hosted email security services offered by Symantec.Cloud. The error 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] is related to a different system than the ones governed by http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/.

It is best to reach out the recipient so that they can open a case with Symantec.Cloud support to investigate into the IP in question and provide feedback to the customer who can then share this information with you.

• 3.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jan 28, 2015 10:53 AM

We too have recently transferred a new hosting server and are getting returned mails:

host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.136.3]:

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 12309, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

When checking our IP using the ipremoval lookup we get this message:

The IP address you submitted does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

If our IP does not have a negative reputation, how can we resolve this issue?

Thanks.

• 4.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Apr 24, 2015 05:55 PM

We too have recently transferred a new hosting server and are getting returned mails:

host cluster5.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.250.51]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 10815, please visit
    www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

When checking our IP using the ipremoval lookup we get this message:

The IP address you submitted, 208.89.210.157, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

If our IP does not have a negative reputation, how can we resolve this issue?

Thanks.

• 5.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 18, 2015 10:30 AM

Do you really think this is feasable? Ask our client to ask their correspondent to ask Symantec.Cloud support to look into the problem then report back to their client to report to our client to report to is???

Doen't Symantec.Cloud support staff look at this forum? If they don't they should!!

BTW the actual 501 messages reports to a missing page.

Does anyone takes care of this things at Symantec????

• 6.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2015 12:09 PM

Hello,

The Symantec cloud services are managed almost entirely by the clients. They have tools to reviews emails sent to them, along with ways to report issues, query blacklists with the cloud support team to gain insight on the senders that attempts to send them mail.

With that in mind, it is indeed best to reach out to the recipient and advised them their Symantec Cloud service is blocking their attempt to send email. They often have ways to review these emails and take action to receive them while working with Cloud support to gain more insight on the any email delivery issues that are reported.

Ultimately, it is the recipient's prerogative on how they wish to configure the cloud service and work with the support team in regards to the emails they receive. With that being said, I do still invite you to send an email to support.cloud@symantec.com along with any bounce and information on the sending IP of the server clearly identified in the email. In some cases we may be able to do a preliminary investigation which can often help reach a resolution with the help of the Cloud client.

In regards to the help page itself, I apologize in regards to the link, please use the below link until further notice.

http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting

• 7.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 22, 2015 04:15 AM

Hello,

We finally could be setted out of the Brightmail system reputation list by filling the status form.

We also open a case study to the support and we received an email from the support about their policies.

The point is now that when responding to the support we got a return mail:

(host cluster4.us.messagelabs.com[216.82.253.243] refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 17108, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.)
                                             support.cloud@symantec.com

Following the 501 Connection rejected by policy (7)

1/ We are not open relay

2/ We are not listed in any RBL

3/ Here is the default = > we can not mail to the symantec support because the error 501.

Solutions would be to contact the support by opening a new case filling a form.

One month playing here /S

• 8.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 22, 2015 04:24 AM

Hello,

I forgot to write the case number that was opened by the support team: Case 08990692

In case of.

Thank you.

• 9.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 22, 2015 08:37 AM

The Symantec.Cloud rejection is based on a different system altogether than the Brightmail reputation system. I recommend you attempt to continue the dialogue with support with any other available email addresses outside of the affected network if available.

I must still recommend that in nearly all cases the best course of action is to contact the Symantec Cloud client or recipient via other means and explain that your email to them is being blocked. Provide all relevant details of who the message was sent to, including the public facing IP of the sending server. The Symantec Cloud clients manage the service themselves and they ultimately have control from whom they choose to receive emails.

• 10.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 08, 2015 02:35 PM

I am getting the same now. Why should WE be begging your clients to sort this out when it is YOUR po0licies doing this? Beleive me, it is YOUR police, just the smae as Outlook/Live?Hotmail. You are blanket banning emails sent from specic clusters of IP addresses because someone using the same hosting provider is spamming! You are going to destroy business with this awful software.

Let me tell you my scenariio - I am legitimately trying to email a member of staff at a large company. First, my email gets rejected so that immediately damages my reputation! Then, I'm expected to get that memebr of staff to spend their precious time trying top sort this out - of course, that member of staff has no authority to do so and so has to waste more time trying to find the right person to report this to. What are the cahnces of that hepening.

YOU can sort these messes out by changing the policies so that individual email addresses are listed as spammers and not server IPs.

So, whi should I invoice for the time, effort and loss of business caused by your indescriminate policies? mm?

My bounced email:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

host cluster1.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.136.67]

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 20703, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

Return-path: <john@pagetostage.org.uk>

Received: from cpc1-live16-0-0-cust236.know.cable.virginm.net ([77.97.104.237]:57428 helo=Hal9000)

by server1.netprohost.net with esmtpa (Exim 4.85)

(envelope-from <john@pagetostage.org.uk>)

id 1ZZ039-002vC7-2B

• 11.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jan 15, 2016 06:42 AM

I'm getting this error while I try to send email. I'm able to sent to hotmail and gmail but not to one of my friend's domain.

-------

R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=cluster6.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.242.36]: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9402, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

-------

• 12.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 21, 2016 06:43 AM

Hi All,

Please accept our apologies for the disruption caused to your email flow by this error message.

Please provide me your sending IP address and I will take a look and see if we can resolve this issue for you all. Feel free to private message me them if you wish.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

Principal Technical Support Engineer

• 13.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Feb 10, 2016 03:44 AM

Same issue here. My server is clear for over one year with no spam or virus and 8 years online.

I get this message too (last year same problem with a other maildomain/recipient)

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Sent: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 08:38:27 +0100
       Subject: AW: Rücksendeschein 

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

####.########@simsmm.com
       Error Type: SMTP
       Remote server (216.82.242.131) issued an error.
       hMailServer sent: 
       Remote server replied: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 7606, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

hMailServer

this is not acceptable in my opinion.

• 14.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Feb 10, 2016 04:26 AM

I think I got this sorted thanks to David Parker  above. I must say I have yest to test it but he says that I am now unblocked.

This is a problem with a blanket spam detector and shared IP.

the peoblem in my case was it was being blocked by BBC, Liverpool City Council etc and it is impossible to track down the person who has the authority to contact Symentec.

Good luck guys.

• 15.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 05:22 AM

Hi picosk

Please could you provide me your sending IP/s via a private message and I'll have them checked out.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

• 16.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Feb 25, 2016 10:59 AM
    Same issue here. My client cannot email his best client because of this. He is thinking of transferint to another hosting firm. This

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

sales@chesneys.co.uk
        host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [194.106.220.35]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9114, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

• 17.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Feb 25, 2016 01:58 PM

Hello Lucian,

Can you provide me with the public facing sending IP/s of the server via private message and I will have a look.

Regards,

Ben Beaulieu
    Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 18.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Mar 03, 2016 06:03 AM

Hi Dave,

We are having the exact same issue and to be honest its a bit of a pain.

Your tools show we do not have a bad reputation, yet we get a 501 rejection from MessageLabs, so have no way of resolving the issue.

We can not contact all our clients by phone and ask them to 'unblock' us.

Is there someone I can contact to ensure that our emails get through?

• 19.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Mar 15, 2016 11:13 PM

Same issue on my side as well. No way for us to resolve the issue.

Here is the message.

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3806, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Can you help us to resolve this issue?

Thanks

• 20.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Mar 16, 2016 09:32 AM

Hi emasse,

Could you please send me a private message with your server's public IP that is attempting to connecting to our hosts so I can investigate further? Thank you.

Regards,

Ben Beaulieu
    Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 21.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Apr 12, 2016 07:44 AM

Hello, same problem here our ip does not have a bad reputation and are blocked with 501 error message…

We used the "investigate form" which said no problem…

What can we do ?

• 22.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Apr 12, 2016 03:00 PM

hello, as stated before, our ips are not listed in the investigation query tool but we are still blocked :

thank you

• 23.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Apr 18, 2016 01:43 PM

Hi Dave,  Would appreciate your help in clearing 199.175.52.18.  This IP is not listed on any blocked lists except messagelabs.com still blocks.

Thanks

Joe

• 24.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2016 08:59 AM

Hi Nicofenix,

Both your IP's are completely clear on our system.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

• 25.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Apr 22, 2016 08:59 AM

Hello Everyone!

I am getting this error also.

Could you verify if my IP is blocked in your blacklists?

The site of IP removal says that we are not blocked and haven´t negative reputation.

• 26.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Apr 28, 2016 05:02 PM

Hello all,

One of my clients that I host for is having the same issue. I was hoping to see if my IP could be checked as well:

The specific Diagnostic Code is [7.7] 2804.

I had looked the IP up with one tool by Symantec about a week ago, which said the reputation was neutral, and advised my client to try using our email server to send. He got a blocked message again which led me to this thread.

I tried the IP Reputation Investigation which did turn up the IP and submitted a request to have it checked. However, I see in the second post on this thread that the IP Reputation system is separate from what is blocking this email.

I took over this IP when switching to a new VPS about a year ago. I run a small web design firm that also hosts for all our clients, and can confirm that none of my clients do any spamming or mass emailing of any kind through this server.

Thank you!

• 27.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2016 04:32 PM

Hello Chris, 

I've submitted a request to have restrictions lifted from your IP. This should be done in the next 24 hours. 

• 28.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted May 17, 2016 01:18 PM

I'm having the exact same problem described by many people here after moving our email to a new server, is there a website or person I can contact to have our IP's unblocked?

• 29.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted May 23, 2016 03:19 AM

Same issue here, can someone from symantec urgently contact me to unblock our IPs?

• 30.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted May 26, 2016 07:01 AM

host cluster1.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.136.227]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 16211, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message

our ips are not listed in the investigation query tool but we are still blocked :  69.30.221.59  

• 31.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted May 27, 2016 12:39 PM

help please

• 32.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 17, 2016 08:54 PM

well I have same issue, my ip is not black listed but still getting bounce back

host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com[85.158.137.67]

refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13909,

please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error

message.

• 33.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 23, 2016 02:45 PM

Hi Folks,

Same here, I'm in a never ending of try again. 

Below just an example but happen us with clients that have messagelabs cloud.  Our IP is not reported in any list, we didn't sent spam we sent emails just to clients related with out business. We implemented DKIM, SPF and DMARC. We also requested many times the removal from sms symantec lockup page, but then fall again as reported, but in any other list doesn't appears like reported.

In other sites, like Cisco, we're just Neutral, but because of low volume of email sent.

Please, help us. It's not possible to try to contact each client to ask them to contact you to create a case to try to fix this.

kind regards,

Walter

host cluster5.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.242.34]:
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 7309, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
      marcelo.aly@ingredion.com
        host cluster5.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.242.34]:
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 7309, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

• 34.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 23, 2016 02:49 PM

Sorry, our IP, is  200.58.127.135  

We're clean on spamhaus and many other directories of lists

Please, help!!

Walter

• 35.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 24, 2016 12:20 AM

thanks for reply but in SMS IP LOOKUP IT SAYS 

The IP address you submitted, 69.30.221.59, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

To request investigation of an IP address, enter that address in the IP Address field provided below. Confirm the security image text in the Image Text field and click Submit.

is there any way to get it removed form listing 

BUT when we sent email to our client  it bounce back  with above message 

• 36.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 03, 2016 01:34 PM

Dear Dave,

I've got the same issue: Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 19411

I did verify that the mail server is not in open relay and that my IP is not on a blocked list. The IP address is: 

Thanks for checking.

Kind Regards
    Guido

• 37.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 13, 2016 02:38 AM

Dear Dave,

We are a Company that provides hosting services.
    Recently, We have transferred a client our servant, who is having problems to communicate.    

When we send a mail, we get a return mail as follows:

host cluster9.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.251.41]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 14306, please visit

host cluster9.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.249.51]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 19010, please visit

I appreciate for help to remove from the black list the domain

The IP address is: 200.58.111.223

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

André Escobar

• 38.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 21, 2016 04:01 AM

Hi Dave,

Our IPS (69.16.227.46, /69.16.227.215) are not blacklisted but always get bounce back messages like the one below when i send out emails do domains like  @frostweb.co.uk@barclays.com, @sc.com, @dfcugroup.com

host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.137.67]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13912, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
        host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.136.3]
        501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 12304, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

I would appreciate if you could help me remove these ips 69.16.227.46 & 69.16.227.215 from the blacklist. 

Many Thanks

• 39.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 22, 2016 11:55 AM

Hello this is happening to us too

I think Symantec must to update the databases a little bit faster.
    Also becasue you not have ANY form, or email to claim!!!

My clients are receiving the bellow reject :

host cluster6.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.242.46]

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9604, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

But my IP 108.170.31.234 is GREEN in all places :
    spamhaus / senderbase.org / cloudmark / ALL RBL lists and EVEN IS UNBLOCKED IN SYMANTEC!!!

http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/ -->

The IP address you submitted, 108.170.31.234, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

THEN please can you unblock it and take a look at your cloud service?
    When you block IPs  affect our business a LOT and we can´t conctact anyone of symantec to claim.. is a SHAME.

Regards
    Fabian Marsiglione

• 40.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 22, 2016 01:36 PM

Anyone alive in the forum?

You cant imagine the problem we have as hosting companies for your way to manage this things ;(

PLEASE.. answer and unblock the Ips

Fabian

• 41.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Aug 20, 2016 07:37 AM

I also am experiancing this problem most of which with high end clients i must say it is very annoying quoteing a new client and the email bounces back and then having to use gmail account very unproffesional i must say.

i have also done steps like previous comments i have spoken with Symantec which were like others mention most unhelpfull and downrite useless although they did say that my IP and hostname were not blocked i have also checked open relay test and confirms no relays accepted the ip is also not on any blacklist, i have also checked with my ISP and nothing is blocked there either so why block me.

this is my message i keep getting

(recipients email)

host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.137.35]

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13414, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

follow the link and it explains NOTHING search this page https://support.symantec.com/en_US/cloud/troubleshooting.html do what it asks and still cant send

i personally think this company is a joke cause a right inconveince and from what ive gone through i dought id ever purchase one of there products

• 42.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:11 AM

Hi Guido V.

Sorry for the delay I have now submitted a de-listing request for this IP.

Kind regards
    Dave Parker

• 43.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:14 AM

Hi Sean,

Sorry for the delay. I have sent you a reply privately.

Thanks

Dave Parker

• 44.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2016 04:51 AM

Guido V,

Your IP is now cleared.

• 45.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Aug 25, 2016 07:14 AM

Fantastic, thank you very much Dave!! :-) :-)

• 46.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Aug 25, 2016 08:47 AM

Thank you Dave for assisting with my issue great support thanks sean

• 47.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Aug 31, 2016 01:54 AM

Hi Dave 

I am trying to send you a personal message but it's triggering a spam filter so I am copying my message in full here in the hope you may be able to assist 

Hi Dave 

I have a brand new server (one week old) and one of my clients is trying to send emails and getting the  rejected by policy error message [7.7] 9402, 
    hoping you might be able to assist?   IP is 162.210.98.124

any queries, feel free to contact me 
    kind regards
    Maria

• 48.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2016 03:03 AM

Hi Maria,

We have removed the restrictions on your IP. Please try to re-send the emails.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

• 49.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 02, 2016 06:47 PM

Hi.

1 week ago I requested a release of an IP, which I think were entirely lawful but blocking IP is still active.
    Imagine for a momnet.

A computer that has not been on for 3 months.

The user turns on the computer, and a client that uses your service sends all emails with acknowledgment message read.

What do you think happen when he tur on the computer and read 300 emails?

Result? blocking IP

So, what can we do?

Kind regards.

Pedro

• 50.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 03, 2016 08:51 AM

It's a year since I had this issue. You'd have thought that they would have sorted out this mess that is cvauseing businesses to lose money, reputations and clients.

Class action anybody?

• 51.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 03, 2016 08:55 AM

You've been having this issue for a year and have yet to do anything about it? You should be fired and banned from the IT industry.

• 52.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 05, 2016 08:59 AM

I have the same issue.

Public IP 92.53.123.231.

• 53.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2016 09:21 AM

Hi Rauf,

I'm currently looking into the restrictions in place on your IP.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

• 54.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2016 09:24 AM

Could you please provide me with the IP that is effected?

• 55.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2016 10:09 AM

Hi Rauf,

The restrictions on your IP have been removed.

Kind regards
    Dave Parker

• 56.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 05, 2016 11:05 AM

Hello Dave.
    About your comment
    this is the blocked IP 213.136.80.96
    Looking forward to heraing you.
    Kind regards
    Pedro

• 57.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 06, 2016 02:34 AM

Please help with same issue,

IP 46.166.164.60 46.166.164.59

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 2708, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

The IP address you submitted, 46.166.164.60, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

• 58.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 05:10 AM

Hi Pedro,

Your IP has now been de listed.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

• 59.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 05:20 AM

Hi Jonas,

I have submittted your IP's for de-listing.

Kind regards

Dave Parker

• 60.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 06, 2016 05:56 AM

Hi

We have been experiencing the same issue for a while now and have not been able to resolve the issue through our clients. I have just found this thread. 

As above we get the error: 

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3304

Our IP is: 5.101.142.77

Can you please please help us as this is having an effect on our business!

Thanks

• 61.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 06:58 AM

Hi,

I am looking into your IP issue currently.

Kind regards
    Dave Parker

• 62.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 09:57 AM

Your IP has now beed cleared.

• 63.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 09:58 AM

Both your IP's have now been cleared.

• 64.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 08, 2016 01:56 PM

Hi!

I have the same issue, when I try to send a email message get a  bounce message:

Your message addressed to the target domain (xxxxxxxxxx.com) could not be delivered because the mail server responsible for this domain returned a permanent error.

The server returned:

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 19207, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

when I try to delist my IP address in http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/, the query shows a follows mesage

The IP address you submitted, ###.###.##.###, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

Can you help me to solve this? 

Thank you in advance

• 65.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 04:45 AM

Hi Ecodeli Test,

Please provide the IP in question either here or send me a private message. I can then run some checks on it.

Kind regards
    Dave Parker

• 66.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 19, 2016 08:05 AM

Hi

We have been experiencing the same issue for a while now and have not been able to resolve the issue through our clients. 

As above we get the error: 

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 21715

Our IPs are: 46.102.249.252 and 176.223.120.28

for both IPs in http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/  we have:

The IP address you submitted, xxxxxxxxxxx, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

Can you please please help us?

Thanks

• 67.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 22, 2016 08:29 AM

Hi Dave,

We have troubles sending or recieve some customers mail from our IP: 37.59.198.205

It looks clean, but there are still some blocking going on. Thanks!

Best regards, Bo (Shop Design)

• 68.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 22, 2016 10:24 AM

Hello

We have been experiencing the same issue for a while now and have not been able to resolve the issue.

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 10806, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Our IP is: 64.191.166.205

Can you please please help us as this is having an effect on our business!

Thank you in advance,
    Chase

• 69.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2016 05:34 AM

Hello Chase & Vladmci

I am not seeing any problems with 176.223.120.28

I am in the process of resetting 46.102.249.252 and 64.191.166.205 on our systems and will confirm back once this has been done

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Tier2 Senior Technical Support Engineer,
    Symantec Corporation

• 70.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2016 07:45 AM

Hello Chase & Vladmci

I have finished resetting the IPs please advise if you have any further problems

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Symantec Corporation

• 71.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Sep 27, 2016 10:53 AM

Hi Richard,

Thank you so much for helping us! That took care of the issue but now we have another mail system that is on the same list.

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 10806, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Our IP is: 64.191.166.54

Thank you again in advance,
    Chase

• 72.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 28, 2016 07:29 AM

Hello Chase,

I have checked 64.191.166.54 and have reset this IP also.

Please do let us know if you have any further issues sending from it.

Kind regards,

Mark Sutcliffe

• 73.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 03, 2016 06:15 AM

Hi

We are a webhosting company and recently we have received complaints from our clients who cannot send emails to few addresses and receive messages similar to the following :

---

I am deeply sorry, but I was not able to deliver your mail to the following addresses:
    alber@planatol.de : Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 21711, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 21711, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    schubert@planatol.de : Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 21711, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 21711, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    This is a permanent delivery failure. The delivery has been tried 0 times and will not be rescheduled again.

---

I have checked our IP addresses in http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/ but they are not listed :

The IP address you submitted, 95.211.197.123, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.

These are our IP addresses :

We'd be appreciated if you could take a look at these IPs and release them if they are enlisted somewhere in your lists.

• 74.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 03, 2016 07:08 AM

Hi,

I'm ever so sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have now reset the confidence of these 4 IPs on our network and I have also taken steps to get the one IP 95.211.219.100 removed from our own internal blacklist.

I will reply in here once that IP has been removed.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 75.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 03, 2016 08:25 AM

We have the same issue with our IP 185.59.100.5.

Could you help us?

Thank you in advance.

Den

• 76.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 03, 2016 09:51 AM

Hi Den,

I will get that IP removed also and will update you once its cleared from our list.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 77.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 04, 2016 02:15 AM

Hi Kevin.

Our public IP is still blocked.

We recieve a message: "501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3804, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message".

But if we check in http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/, we recieve a message that our IP is not blocked: "The IP address you submitted, 185.59.100.5, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation."

Please help us to delist our Public IP 185.59.100.5 from your list.

Thanks!

• 78.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 04, 2016 03:48 AM

Hi Den,

Ever so sorry about the wait on this, I have personally reset the reputation of the IP and I will chase up our Anti-spam team to get the IP removed from our Blacklist.

I will update you shortly.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 79.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 04, 2016 03:53 AM

Hi Alex,

I can now confirm that your 4 IPs have had their reputation reset and also they IP 95.211.219.100 has been removed from our Blacklist.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 80.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 04, 2016 04:23 AM

Hi Den,

I can now confirm that your IP 185.59.100.5 has been removed from our blacklist.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your company.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 81.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 04, 2016 04:51 AM

Kevin,

Thank you for your help!

Den

• 82.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 04, 2016 03:21 PM

Hi

We are still getting messagelabs errors/rejections from lots of our clients, would it be possible to get these unblocked?  It's been a few months now and we don't seem to be being removed automatically.

Please let me know if you need anything else from me,

• 83.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 05, 2016 04:53 AM

Hi Rob,

The following IPs are on our internal blacklist and I will start the process to get these removed:

I will also reset the reputation for all the Ips provided on our clusters.

I will update you once this is complete.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 84.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 05, 2016 08:47 AM

Hi Rob,

I can now confirm that all these IPs listed above are now off our internal blacklist and the reputation has been reset.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you and your company.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 85.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 05, 2016 09:16 AM

Hi guys,

We have troubles sending or recieve some customers mail from our IP: 37.59.198.205

It looks clean, but there are still some blocking going on. Thanks!

Best regards, Bo (Shop Design)

• 86.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 06, 2016 03:15 AM

Hi Bo,

I will get the reputation reset for the IP 37.59.198.205 and start steps to get this removed from our internal blacklist.

I'll update you once complete.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 87.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Oct 06, 2016 09:59 AM

Hi

Please help us to delist our Public IP 91.90.196.3 from your list.

Thanks!

• 88.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 07, 2016 04:48 AM

Hi Vadim,

I will get this looked into for you now

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Symantec Corporation

• 89.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2016 06:21 AM

Hi Vadim,

I can confirm you should no longer be seeing any problems sending from 91.90.196.3

Kind Regards

Richard Brittain
    Symantec Corporation