Symantec Developer Group

View Only
  • 1.  501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13904, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Posted Aug 01, 2017 06:33 PM

Hi Tech Support

Can you please look into this situation as we are getting emails being rejected from one domain - www.digway.co.uk and the emails relating to them. The only emails being rejected are the ones that Symantec is monitoring. No other domain is affected.

We have been in continual contact with tmdhosting.com who we have used for a couple of years without any problems until this 501 Connection Error.

We have been informed that the ISP is not on a blacklist and we can guarantee that there is no spam / junk mail being sent by our client.

OUR IP IS 198.20.127.153

Please see full discussions and efforts we have made but to no avail as even today 2 more 501 errors occured; highly annoying.

I have sent sent an email to you but no acknowledgement of any sort, this was after numerous attempts via the site.

Can someone please let us know what is happening and why are our clients being rejected. This is costing us credibility, time and potential business as the client wants to order more services from us.

I would really appreciate a reply as soon as possible as this has been going on for nearly 3 weeks.

Thanking you in advance.

Amir Azam

Sorry for the lengthy communique that is going to follow:

Dear Tech Support

Can you please look at this situation for us as it is affecting our relationship with our client.

We keep getting the following error:

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

We have been onto our hosting / email providers, a reasonably reliable company:

www.tmdhosting.com

They have assured us that our VPS is clean and not on a blacklist:

See: https://www.talosintelligence.com/reputation_center/lookup?search=198.20.127.153

We have been having these issues for nearly 3 weeks now, all mainly related to one domain:

www.digway.co.uk

emails that are getting blocked by your system are from:

raj@digway.co.uk

barry@digway.co.uk

gary.gola@digway.co.uk

The server has no issues with any other email recipients other than those monitored by Symantec and all the errors are;

Series of 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Is this server / can this server not be lifted off any blacklisting that you may have.

The number of emails sent monthly from this server is just just in the hundreds and we know for a fact that none of our clients are send block emails / spam.

This is our communication with TMD in trying to resolve the situation, it is seriousl becoming an issue:

eMail Rejections on www.digway.co.uk Accounts

ID: 956244

Amir Azam
    Client

23/07/2017 12:16

Hi GST
    Can you please look at www.digway.co.uk thoroughly as emails from this domain have been problematic. Initial main problems were due to a 501 error (Symantec placing our server on a blacklist).
    I have just had this message from raj@digway.co.uk

• 2.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13904, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Posted Aug 01, 2017 06:39 PM

Also this is a snapshot of IP / Server, indicating web and email reputation and no blacklists.

https://i.imgur.com/LD8RN4d.png

Thanks

Amir

• 3.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13904, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Posted Aug 01, 2017 06:57 PM

This is posted in the wrong forum. It need to be moved the email.security forum for best visibility.

• 4.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13904, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Posted Aug 01, 2017 07:16 PM

Thanks Brian

First post and a lot of confusion / stress related to the post - and no fault of ours or solution in sight.

Amir

• 5.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13904, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Posted Aug 02, 2017 06:02 AM

Brian

Which option is that as I cannot see that option anywhere when I create or edit a post

Need your help...shout goes out to Symantec technical people as well. Getting very frustrating for client and ourselves.

Thanks

Amir

• 6.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 13904, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Posted Aug 02, 2017 07:24 AM

Just create a  new forum and use these tags:

This is the link to the correct forum as well:

https://www.symantec.com/connect/security/forums/email-securitycloud

Usually, I can move it to the right one but cannot with this one for some reason.