Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Dec 20, 2016 08:03 AM

I own a mail/web server with IP 85.17.254.35 for several years already. Zero spam mails have been sent by this server, and as a consequence it is not on any blocklist. According to your Symantac IP Investigation Query "The IP address you submitted, 85.17.254.35, does not have a negative reputation"

Yet to some customers and business relations I can't send mails, the error I get is:

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 14513, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

I believe this has been an issue ever since I have this server. I assumed the problem would vanish automatically, but it doesn't. Can you please have a look? By the way the URL you are referring to (www.messagelabs.com/support) does not exist.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:34 AM

Hi Mark.

I can See this is on our internal blacklist and I will take start the steps to get this removed. I will let you know once resolved.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer.

• 3.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 20, 2016 10:56 AM

Hi Mark,

I can now confirm that I have now removed the IP 85.17.254.35 from our internal Blacklist (Please allow one hour propagation) and I have also reset the confidence of that IP accross all our towers.

Once Propagation time has passed this issue will be fixed and you will no longer get issues sending emails from that IP to our customers.

Please feel free to set this thread as resolved once your satisfied.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 4.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Dec 20, 2016 12:10 PM

Thanks! Can you see why my IP has been on your blocklist, for years?

• 5.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Dec 21, 2016 02:11 AM

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately that is information we are unable to provide as we do not keep audit logs.

Apologies.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan