Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

• 1.  501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 15, 2017 07:04 AM
    I run a clean, no-spam email server, but I continue to get blocked by messagelabs for various unexplained reasons. My server is on no major blacklists and has been running on this IP since last September. This is getting extremely frustrating for both myself and for my customers. The IP address is: 162.250.120.146. The messages for various senders on my servers to various recipients over the past 10 days include: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 16307 from sender domain battlefieldroofing.com for recipient domain petersenmail.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 4605 from sender domain battlefieldroofing.com for recipient domain metalera.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 15103 from sender domain epiphanychurch.net for recipient domain pnc.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9416 from sender domain battlefieldroofing.com for recipient domain petersenmail.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 4306 from sender domain saintann-parish.com for recipient domain jpmorgan.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 4004 from sender domain saintann-parish.com for recipient domain jpmorgan.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 4011 from sender domain saintann-parish.com for recipient domain jpmorgan.com 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 20905 from sender domain onlinemarketingguild.com for recipient domain stvincents.org This is way out of a hand. Please help.

• 2.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 06:41 AM

Hi Walt

I'm getting this looked into for you now.

I will update you shortly.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 06:56 AM

Hi Walt

The listings that were causing the issues you've been seeing have been removed. Please allow a short while for propagation and then you should see no further issues.

Can I ask you to confirm and if everything is then ok mark this thread as resolved?

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 4.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 16, 2017 08:06 AM

Thanks. I've contacted my customers to see if they're still having problems.

I was able to test the one to stvincents.org, and so far it hasn't bounced back. So that's a good sign.

Once I know it's working, I'll mark this thread as solved.

By the way ... could you tell me two things?

1. Why were we being blocked?
    2. Will we continue to get blocked for other customers on our server for similar reasons? In other words, will I have to continue to file similar requests in the future?

Also, for some reason, I never got email notifications about your replies to my post. I had to come here on my own initiative in order to find them.

• 5.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 08:58 AM

In answer to yoru questions it's likely that at some point in the past either your IP has been compromised and has sent out spam which has hit our spamtraps. As such that then caused a listing with us.

As we've cleared the listing the only way you can get re-listed is if we see further spam coming from the IP so as long as you arent compromised and spewing spam you should have no other issues with this.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 6.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 19, 2017 07:45 AM

Hi!

Our domain is ces.org.ua, our smtp-server is mx1.dragon.ua (91.90.196.6)

When we try to send email to someone at @jpmorgan.com we receive this message:

"501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 4310, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Connection to host lost."

Please help us to delist our Public IP 91.90.196.6 from your list.

Thanks!

• 7.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 19, 2017 10:25 AM

Hi Vadim,

This IP has now been removed from our Blacklist and once propagation time has passed (within an hour) we will no longer block your emails.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

CompTIA Security+ Certified

• 8.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jun 19, 2017 02:17 PM

Sym_Ian_T: That may be true. As I stated in my original post, we took over this IP last September.

The problem has been in getting unlisted. Calls to Symantec didn't help. I tried many times over the ensuing months. They always said that it was their client who had to take care of it, and their clients were clueless. Their clients kept claiming there was nothing that they could do. One even went so far as to claim that the reason I was being blocked was because my domain name was suspicious. Why? Because it had the word "marketing" in it!

• 9.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 14, 2017 06:00 AM

hi all

i m desperately trying to solve the problem which persists for 1 year now

we face this probelm either when emailing in Greece (no blast mails), either in several countries abriad eg. UK, TR etc

being an event management company which has lots of international companies, we tried a lot to solve the issue with their IT, at whom we are totally whitelisted.

messages received  are as follwoing

host cluster2.hk.messagelabs.com [216.82.251.39]

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 16409, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

or

host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.139.3]

501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9010, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

we understand that it is finally upon Symantec to solve the problem

our IP is 62.38.74.52

thanks

Giannis

• 10.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 14, 2017 06:30 AM

Well, I'm being blocked by yet another domain that I'm pretty sure you manage.

It's cna.com, and it's blocking emails from gardensbylouise.com.

• 11.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 14, 2017 06:40 AM

lets hope Symantec will provide a solution

over our IP we are blocked in 4 seperate mail accounts

www.gnomon.eu

www.geo-routes.com

www.twisthotels.com

www.g-live.gr

• 12.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 09:34 AM

Hi Giannis

I checked your IP and the internal list we holod that would generate the 7.7 error does not have your IP listed in it. At the moment you should not be seeing that error with mail send from that IP.

I also checked the other 4 domains you mentioned and none of those are scanned by Symantec so you would need to investigate those directly with the admins that look after those domains.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 13.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi Walt

cna.com nor gardensbylouise.com are domains that we scan for.

As such you will need to investigate with the recipient domain admin directly on this issue.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 14.  RE: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 14, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi, we also have an error - host cluster5.us.messagelabs.com [216.82.242.131]
       501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 7604, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

I have checked our ip using the page at http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/ but it doesn't find anything.

Could you please fix this for our ip - 109.123.121.23

Thank you!