Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

553 Message filtered.

• 1.  553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 15, 2017 02:31 AM

Hi,

I send a mail to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com' yesterday, with some false positive mails attached.

When sending mails to customers, who we regularly stay in touch with, we keep receiving this 553 error.

It just suddenly started to happen. We haven't made any changes to our setup, so i really don't understand why we suddenly gets these errors?

We really need to be able to send mails to our customers, so is it possible that you will take a look at the mail i send you guys yesterday?

I send the mail from rsc@egn.com.

Really need this fixed today!

Best Regards

Rasmus Schiødt

• 2.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 06:45 AM

Hi Rasmus

I'll take a look into this issue for you you.

I will update you shortly.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2017 07:03 AM

Hi Rasmus

THe rules that were in place that were causing this issue have now been removed so you should not see further issues.

Can I ask you to check and confirmand if this has resolved the issue mark this thread as resolved?

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 4.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 19, 2017 03:32 AM

Hi again,

We have tested during the weekend, and everything seemed to be working fine, until this morning.

I mailed our swedish department, saying that everything worked, but that was not the case.

When they send out mails, they still get the error 553 Message Filtered.

I have send the new false positive mail to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com'.

Could you please have a look at it as soon as possible, we really need to send out mails today.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Rasmus Schiødt

• 5.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 19, 2017 06:12 AM

Hi Rasmus

To investigate the reason why your company's messages may be blocked by our filtering software. Please contact Investigation@review.symantec.com and submit an example of a message that's getting blocked, sent in the exact same way you would send to your customers.

The investigation uses the provided sample(s) for analysis to determine why the message is being blocked. It's important the sample be sent in the exact same way you send messages to your customers. Please allow 7 business days for the completion of the investigation. Once the investigation is complete a Symantec representative will contact you through email with the results of our investigation.

To make sure your email addresses are legitimate, Symantec recommends the following:

• Make sure your database does not contain older email addresses of those who do not want to receive your promotional or marketing email. Send confirmation emails to determine who should remain on your list and who to remove.
    • Do not accept email addresses from third party marketers, unless you can assure that such email addresses are legitimate and that such subscribers want to receive your promotional or marketing email.
    • If a subscriber no longer wants to receive your emails, provide a method by which a subscriber can opt-out. Promptly remove these opted-out email addresses from your list.
    • Promptly remove from your email list emails that bounce back to you. This indicates that the recipient is no longer available.
    • Use a double opt-in method to sign up subscribers. This will confirm that the subscriber did request your promotional and marketing email.
    • Remove email addresses of those who do not open your email messages.
    • Consider using a third party to manage and update the addresses on your email list.

The above bullets are some of the reasons why email is being tagged spam. Old unverified third party email lists result in subscribers feeling they receive unsolicited email. Implementing these suggestions are a best practice recommendation by Symantec.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

CompTIA Security+ Certified

• 6.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 21, 2017 01:58 AM

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for you reply.

I have send a mail to Investigation@review.symantec.com, with an example of a mail that is getting blocked.

I have not yet received any confirmation that you guys received the mail, or any respond to my issue yet.

We really need to be able to send out mails, so please help me fix this soon.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Rasmus Schiødt

• 7.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:12 AM

Hi Ramos,

Can you send an original sample to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com' and let me know the sender and I will see If I can speed this along.

Please floow these guidlines:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH233678.html

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 8.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 21, 2017 09:55 AM

Hi Kevin,

I've just submitted a false positive mail to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com'.

It has been sent from email: rsc@egn.com

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,

Rasmus Schiødt

• 9.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 21, 2017 12:29 PM

Hi Ramos,

The rule that was stopping those emails has been killed and should now resolve the issue.

Please can you check and set this thread to resolved if the issue is now fixed.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 10.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 22, 2017 03:35 AM

Hi Kevin,

I think the issue is resolved in our swedish department, but many is still receiving this error.

I've just submitted 4 false positive mails to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com'.

I have sent all 4 to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com' using my own e-mail: rsc@egn.com

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,

Rasmus Schiødt

• 11.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 22, 2017 06:24 AM

Hi Ramus

Thanks for sending in the further 4 samples. The 3 rules that were stopping those emails has been killed and should now resolve the issue.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 12.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 22, 2017 07:01 AM

Hi Kevin,

I think most of it is resolved now, but there is still some who receives this error.

I've just submitted one more to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com'.

I have sent it to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com' using my own e-mail: rsc@egn.com

Looking forward to hear from you again!

Best regards,

Rasmus Schiødt

• 13.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 22, 2017 07:29 AM

Hi Ramos,

The rule that was stopping this latest sample has also been removed.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 14.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 23, 2017 02:01 AM

Hi Kevin,

Thank you very much!

I think we are almost clear of these errors, even though i got one late last night, which i just sent to 'CLOUDfeedback@feedback-87.brightmail.com', using rsc@egn.com

Hopefully this is the last case of error 553 Message Filtered.

Best regards,

Rasmus Schiødt

• 15.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jun 23, 2017 02:36 AM

Hi Ramus,

There was 2 rules that was stopping this latest sample and both have now been removed.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 16.  RE: 553 Message filtered.
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 28, 2017 03:31 AM

Hi Ramos

Please can you set this thread as resolved or let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards

Kevin Brosnan

• 17.  RE: 553 Message filtered.

Posted Jul 01, 2017 01:44 PM

Hi,

I'm actually getting the same type of problem I think. I've pasted the message I get below. I can email the same person on my Samsung phone without trouble, but I get this when sending an email on my laptop. It's important that I fix this as soon as possible since there are important people to email. I only have this problem with JPMorgan related emails. Other ones go through without a problem. 

Diagnostic information for administrators:
    Generating server: mailout2-224.amherst.edu
    sofa.getachew@jpmorgan.com
    #< #5.0.0 X-Postfix; host cluster14.us.messagelabs.com[216.82.241.197] said: 553-Message filtered. Refer to the Troubleshooting page at 553-http://www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more 553 information. (#5.7.1) (in reply to end of DATA command)> #SMTP#
    Original message headers:
    Received: from EX10-CASHUB2.amherst.edu (ex10-cashub2.amherst.edu
     [148.85.136.192])     by mailout2-224.amherst.edu (Postfix) with ESMTP id
     A86E821125    for <sofa.getachew@jpmorgan.com>; Fri, 30 Jun 2017 20:03:52 -0400
     (EDT)
    Received: from EX10-MC1-NODE01.amherst.edu ([fe80::edce:6a23:2194:358]) by
     EX10-CASHUB2.amherst.edu ([fe80::58c4:9c1d:9e4e:d0a2%10]) with mapi id
     14.03.0266.001; Fri, 30 Jun 2017 20:03:52 -0400
    To: "sofa.getachew@jpmorgan.com" <sofa.getachew@jpmorgan.com>
    Subject: Test
    Thread-Topic: Test
    Thread-Index: AdLx/X+SzuZQt/ovTw+4OH1aER9rRA==
    Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2017 00:03:51 +0000
    Message-ID: <95DE0CB7492CE14DB9AA73C10A141904DCC3DA57@EX10-MC1-NODE01.amherst.edu>
    Accept-Language: en-US
    Content-Language: en-US
    X-MS-Has-Attach:
    X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:
    x-originating-ip: [74.73.137.9]
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
      boundary="_000_95DE0CB7492CE14DB9AA73C10A141904DCC3DA57EX10MC1NODE01am_"
    MIME-Version: 1.0