Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 07, 2007 05:25 PM
    GSS V2.01 running on Windows 2003 X64 Server
    Client is a Dell Precision 390, Broadcom 57xx Gigabit, Vista

We are just got a trial version (until I can get Symantec to send me our update) of GSS V2.01 (Program version 11.0.1.1533) all the lastest Live updates.

This is the first time we've used GSS V2, as we've been using V1.1 and used boot disc's to image pc's in the past.

I'm trying to create an image using the Console and I've got the image definition and task created were it reboots the client PC and starts to load Ghost, but then the client comes back with the Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP. Cannot find DHCP server.
    The Console log reports; Details for: Clone
    Client cannot handle message.

I've searched and found that others just had to change to a different DOS template. I've tried multiple different ones with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 07, 2007 06:54 PM
    Are you using ISC DHCP server with 8 character domain name?
    If it is the case, there is a hot fix avaialble from a Tech support.

• 3.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 08, 2007 09:59 AM
    No we are not using ISC DHCP server.

Is there a way to force a static IP on the client instead of using DHCP?

• 4.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 08, 2007 10:01 AM
    You will need to look up the doc for the wattcp.cfg file that is in the DOS environment to set a static IP but yes it is possible.  However, if the ghost console is not on the same subnet good luck finding it.  If you give the machine a static IP and refresh its config the console should create the wattcp.cfg file for you.

• 5.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 08, 2007 11:08 AM
    I have a Wattcp.cfg file from floppy boot disc we used in the past.
    How do I give the client a static IP so that the console creates a wattcp file for me? Or do you mean setting the IP address within Windows on the client, cause right now it's just setup for DHCP.

Both server and client are on the same subnet.

• 6.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 08, 2007 12:13 PM
    Yes, I mean set the client in windows static (probably just give it the IP its getting from DHCP while testing) and then do a config refresh task on that machine from the console.  From there you should be able to issue a command and the console will put the wattcp.cfg file there for you before rebooting to dos.

• 7.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 08, 2007 01:18 PM

David.Poprik wrote:
    Yes, I mean set the client in windows static (probably just give it the IP its getting from DHCP while testing) and then do a config refresh task on that machine from the console.  From there you should be able to issue a command and the console will put the wattcp.cfg file there for you before rebooting to dos.

Thank you David, that worked. :smileyhappy:

I set the client up with a manual IP Address.
    Ran the Refresh Inventory task which did some updating to the client. (Not sure if this made any difference or not)
    Created a new task to Refresh the Configuration
    Then just ran my Image task again and now it's working and pretty speedy compared to Ghostcasting.
    I never did find any time or place where I could issue a command to create the wattcp file though.
    But neverless it's working and that's what matters.

Thanks again.
    Grant

• 8.  RE: Abort: 19913, unable to start TCP/IP

Posted Jun 08, 2007 02:07 PM
    To create the wattcp you could alter the autoexec.bat for that DOS driver template and have it do soemthing like:

echo IPADDRESS 192.168.x.x>c:\ghost\wattcp.cfg
    echo NETMASK 255.x.x.x>>c:\ghost\wattcp.cfg

etc...  noting the double greater than symbols for appending and the single in the first line creates it.  I dont konw the exact syntax of the wattcp.cfg file you would need to examine one you have or find docs on it.

I actually have a fairly simple perl script that parses a file generated by all my machines that contains IP/netmask/gateway/MacAddress.  I compare the current machines mac to the file and derive the IP/netmask/gateway. Something like that could be applied to build a wattcp.cfg while keeping your clients DHCP in windows.

Message Edited by David.Poprik on 06-08-200711:08 AM