Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Allied Telesyn AT2701fx card not working with Ghost clients

Posted Jun 12, 2007 08:38 AM
    Hi,

We have deployed Ghost solution suite 1.1 to our network, all the clients are currently using the universal network driver.
    This does not work when trying to remotley take an image of a client from the console, and I have been unable to find a driver that works with the AT2701FX fibre cards we use.
    Replacing the cards is not possible, and Im really struggling for ideas now!

Anyone have it working with these cards, or can point me in the right direction?

Many thanks :smileyhappy:

• 2.  RE: Allied Telesyn AT2701fx card not working with Ghost clients

Posted Jun 12, 2007 09:32 AM
    Not that I have any experience with these cards, but an alternate solution might be to store the image on the local drive then transfer it off when in the OS.  Don't know how well this might play in your environment but its a way to get an image in a pinch at least.

• 3.  RE: Allied Telesyn AT2701fx card not working with Ghost clients

Posted Jun 13, 2007 02:08 AM
    have you tried with the following webpage?
    NDIS2 driver is the dos driver that ghost client use.
    I never tried with fibre network so I don't know whether it will work or not.
    you can add your own network card template from ghost boot wizard and you can select it from a console.
    for the curiosity, how's your network like? do you use server and client both use fibre cards?

• 4.  RE: Allied Telesyn AT2701fx card not working with Ghost clients

Posted Jun 13, 2007 04:31 AM
    Tried the NDIS2 driver, it doesn't work for me - although not 100% sure I have set it up correctly (Just used the 'Setup' option when adding the NIC in ghost boot wizard)

Using the AMD PCnet driver seems to work strangely..

Using fibre on clients and servers. No copper network in here :-)