Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Application Error 33000

• 1.  Application Error 33000

Posted Sep 09, 2009 11:53 AM
    I've been using ghost casting for years and never had any problems.... until I upgraded from Soluntion suite 1 to 2.5.... now when I boot to ghost and connect to a multicasting session I get random machines respond with Application Error 33000 Peer/Ghostcasting connection terminated. This leaves me at the dos prompt... so i just run ghost again and connect to the multicasting session again and as if by magic it connects... in fact it allways connects on the second time around. Is anyone else having this problem? is there a setting in ghost that might be causing a timeout issue. I've updated ghost (via liveupdate) so I assume im on the most upto date version... this issue has happened since the original install (update 1 and 2 didnt fix it :-()

• 2.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Jun 21, 2010 03:19 PM

Any word on if you got this to be fix? I haveing the same issue with my GS 2.5 (11.5.1.2266)

• 3.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Jul 22, 2010 09:07 AM

Anybody care to give a feeback on how to address this problem? I'm still haveing this issue.

• 4.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Jul 22, 2010 02:43 PM

Hi,

Please try out the steps outlined in the document given below,

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/on-technology.nsf/docid/2001123113415525

Regards,

Prasanna Rajagopalan

• 5.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Jul 23, 2010 07:13 PM
    Always use 8.3 names with out any numbers in them.   A problem can happen when an image is dell123.gho.    it can be seen as a 123 part of a file once it truncates it to dell123001.ghs and so on.    Best recomendation is to use alpha characters only on the .gho name it will save a lot of heart acke even if it should be ok just stay with alphabet characters.  

cheers.

• 6.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Aug 16, 2010 08:26 AM

I've just come back to this post after almost a year and I'm still getting the Application error issue. I will make sure the next image I roll out has a small alpha only name and see if this makes any difference.

• 7.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Aug 16, 2010 11:05 AM
    There are a lot of odd Ghost and Dos rules.  It may not be this but Alpha only is a good safe start.

Let us know what you find
    Cheers.

• 8.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Aug 16, 2010 11:24 AM
    I will try the alpha name.... but I'm not holding out too much hope as the error happens when the clients are connecting to a ghostcast session. This is exactly what I'm doing....

1. Start Ghostcast server  (I'm not using the ghost console at this stage)
    2. Setup a session eg session x
    3. Browse to the image file and select the image
    4. Select accept clients.

So far so good.

Now when I boot the clients and select multicast and join session x.... I get random machines displaying the 33000 error.

At this stage of the process, I'm guessing the actual image name wont have even come into play.... its just the session name that is connecting the clients to the server.

I always use single alpha characters for the sessions..... tends to be either x y or Z.... so the session names shouldnt be a problem.

Like i said before I allways used to use this method before and it was never a problem.... it was only after I upgraded SS 1.1 to SS2.5 the issues started!

:-(

• 9.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Aug 19, 2010 07:36 AM
    I've just updated my latest image and gave it a small alpha only name..... booted via my ghost disk...selected multicast....connected to the session....and.... Error 33000 :-(

I guess it was worth a shot...but like I said...its failing just connecting to the session.... what else could cause this so randomly????

• 10.  RE: Application Error 33000

Posted Sep 13, 2010 08:47 AM

And still the same problem....

I'm getting the error when I setup a session on ghostcast server and connect with a dos boot disk.

I've recently created one of the ghost winpe boot disks.... I'm still getting the random problems connecting to the multicast session via the winpe disk...

Is there anyone with any ideas what it could be? Is it possibly switch/router related? timeouts connecting to a multicast session????

Is there a document that details the correct multicast setup for ghost that I could pass onto the network team here?

Thanks!