Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260

Posted Mar 14, 2011 06:54 PM
      |   view attached

I've been trying to set up a computer lab for a non-profit org using Ghost Solution Suite (2.5), and my latest issue is this. I have spent many hours over the course of a couple days trying various ways of resolving this and no luck. I'm a newbie, so maybe I'm just not doing the right things in the right order!

I did get this to work once, but then I started getting this error.

From the console on the server, I launch a Unicast task to capture an image (vmdk, including sysprep, stored on server) of my model, a Dell OptiPlex GX260 using the built-in NIC. I manually boot the client using my customized WinPE-512 cd. The client successfully connects and I am presented with two partition options--one for the entire hard-disk and one for the "OS Volume" (but the client machine only has one partition). I've been clicking on the entire hard disk. Then it asks about image compression, and I generally choose "Fast." The progress bar begins, but then--usually very shortly--gives an error--Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945.

As I've tried various fixes, I've continued to try to capture the image and continue to get this same error. Here are some of the things I tried.

1. Added XP chipset drivers (for the mass storage controller) to the Win-PE preOS (Intel 845G).
    2. Added XP NIC driver to WinPE (Intel Pro 1000 MT).
    3. Added Vista NIC drivers to WinPE after finding out that the WinPE needs Vista drivers. However, when I extracted the package from Intel, I wasn't sure which of the 3 NDIS folders contained the right driver. So I added one for each of the folders.

As uncompressing and recompressing WinPE takes FOREVER, it has been time-consuming to do various driver changes. After changing the drivers that are included in WinPE, I also changed the client's PreOS configuration to PCDOS, refreshed configuration, changed back to my custom WinPE, and refreshed config again.

Just before leaving tonight, I started an attempt to capture a .gho format uncompressed image, and it had made it almost to 50%. Not sure if it will continue. In any case, I'd like to be able to perform the task consistently!

I'm attaching the GHOSTERR.TXT file, though I think only one of the failed attempts gave me an error message that said anything about this file.

Attachment(s)

txt
    ghosterr.txt   15 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2011 07:02 PM

Hello,

Try adding these command line switches:

-FNI -FFX -NOIDE -NOUSB

These often resolved these types of issues. Also, the NDIS61 is the folder you want. See if that helps!

• 3.  RE: Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260

Posted Mar 14, 2011 07:08 PM

Thanks! I'll try that. Do I add those in that format in the command line area of the task?

• 4.  RE: Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260

Posted Mar 15, 2011 02:53 PM

Add the Switches  to the PARAMETER field while ur creating the Boot package

• 5.  RE: Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260

Posted Mar 15, 2011 03:13 PM

My article Adventures with WinPE Symantec Connect can give you an opportunity to get to know WinPE outside of the Ghost implementation. WinPE has the capability to load device drivers dynamically from the command line - which can give you a simple way to check whether a specific driver works with your hardware without needing to rebuild WinPE each time.

• 6.  RE: Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260

Posted Mar 15, 2011 03:20 PM

Hello,

If you are using the Ghost Console, then yes, in the command line area of the task. If using a boot disk, then Witcher is correct and you would use the Parameters line in the boot wizard. It is possible that the issue is still drivers. Adding these storage drivers (as Vista drivers) from these articles may help if you still get the same result:   

http s://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/sata-drivers-intel-ich9-and-ich10 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/winpe-driver-intel-series-5-chipsetsata-controller 

Thank you,

Randall Newnham

• 7.  RE: Application Error 503, GhostCode 19945 when capturing image of Dell OptiPlex GX260

Posted Mar 18, 2011 09:29 AM

Thank you so much Randall and Witcher! These switches did the trick--I was able to successfully capture the image.