Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot Creat Image File: DOS error: file not found (0x002)

Posted Jul 30, 2007 01:59 PM

We are currently bring up new box’s in our environment and have been running into problems when trying to create images for them using ghost 11.0.1. The error code is show below:

Cannot create image file
    DOS error: file not found (0x0002)

The images are stored on a Win2k3 server and all file permissions are set correctly to allow me to image to it. All services are running on the Win2k3 machine to would be needed.

We started receiving this error when we started to image are new Dell Optiplex 745, Panasonic MDT's, and some new HP laptops.  We have determined this is related to a DOS error judging by the error code but we can not find what is causing it. A possible thing we can think of is older or non working version of DOS that dose not work correctly with Ghost.

Has anyone found a similar problem and solution to it? or is their a work around for this problem?

• 2.  RE: Cannot Creat Image File: DOS error: file not found (0x002)

Posted Aug 02, 2007 10:45 PM
    Could you possibly post your ghost.exe parameters (if any) that you are using to make the image?

Also, the full error, there should be more in ghosterr.txt, could you possibly post the contents of that log file so I can get a hint of what's going on?

Thanks!

-Mike

• 3.  RE: Cannot Creat Image File: DOS error: file not found (0x002)

Posted Aug 03, 2007 02:06 PM
    After some further testing I have found that I forgot the basic in DOS. It was the 07.30.07 that was causing the problems. I forgot about the whole dot deal with DOS and that is what was causing all are errors.