Ghost Solution Suite

View Only

Can't restore Norton Ghost 2003 image

• 1.  Can't restore Norton Ghost 2003 image

Posted Jul 22, 2016 01:48 PM

Hello,

I could not find a NG 2003 forum but decided to post my question anyway.

I have an image for an old system (XP) than I need to restore to a brand new drive.

The image was originally created using DOS onto a network share and contains a total of 238 files (1 GHO + 237 GHS, 650MB each).

The connection to the share was done using Bart's Network Boot Disk. I have been using this setup for years to backup and restore without a single problem.

Until now. I have been trying to restore this particular image for about a week, using different HW setup, but every time it stops, "freezes" at 45% (same GHS file but not always the same "Current file" actually being restored). I am getting no error message, it just stops.

When opening the image with Ghost Explorer, Ghost Explorer just disappears after a while (I guess crashes) again with no errors.

At this point, I was not sure if it was a HW or SW issue and decided to restore an older image (6 months older) to the same HW and had no problem.

The image in question even passes the Integrity Check!! I am at loss and was really hoping to get more suggestions, things to try.

Thank you in advance.

George