Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  CCS 10 PCU 2011-2: Upgrade Issues

Posted Jun 15, 2011 10:42 PM

Hi CCS Users!

Just want to see if the community are actively applying PCU2011-2. Interested to hear some feedbacks.

For our experience, the DPS won't start after the upgrade. Case still open to solve this.

• 2.  RE: CCS 10 PCU 2011-2: Upgrade Issues

Posted Jul 14, 2011 12:45 PM

We have applied 2011-2 and did not have the same issue you mentioned with the DPS

I believe I have an issue (and case opened) as a result of the upgrade with a Query Engine but cannot say 100% it is related to the 2011-2 patch.

Good luck with your issue

• 3.  RE: CCS 10 PCU 2011-2: Upgrade Issues

Posted Jul 20, 2011 03:33 AM

Had the same issue. Here's what I did:

- Make sure you upgrade first the Data Collection servers

- After you upgrade reporting and alaytics, stop the DPS service (in my case it was already stopped).

- Change service log on user so that it logs with an administrator account (default is local system)

- From CCS Console: Settings/System Topology/Map View/Infrastructure Tasks/Sync Configuration

- AFter a while (like a minute or two) refresh health status and everything was ok :)

Not sure if all steps are needed however that's what I did and it worked. I'll now try my luck with SP1 :)

• 4.  RE: CCS 10 PCU 2011-2: Upgrade Issues
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2011 05:05 AM

Exactly same issue when upgrading to SP1. The service log on account was reset to local system account by the upgrade installation. Result: DPS service not running.

Changed it back to administrator and works fine.

• 5.  RE: CCS 10 PCU 2011-2: Upgrade Issues

Posted Sep 15, 2011 12:03 AM

Same symptoms, the DPS service account was reset to local system account and cannot start.

Solution was to change it back to the service account which we created for it. This account is a member of the local administators group.

Hope this won't happen again in PCU2011-3.