Control Compliance Suite

View Only
  • 1.  CCS 12.0

Posted Dec 04, 2017 05:22 AM

Guys,

Can assist me on CCS 12.0 please

1. Understand that CCS have 5 component (standard manager, assessment manager, policy manager, vulnerability manager and risk manager). Can we install all components in 1 server? Or we need install separately ?
    1. May I know each component have 1 agent or 1 agent for all 5 component ?
    1. CCS Server can deploy the agent or it require 3rd party to do deployment ?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: CCS 12.0

Posted Dec 05, 2017 04:00 AM

Hello Asogan,

Kindly find the answers for your queries:

1. Understand that CCS have 5 component (standard manager, assessment manager, policy manager, vulnerability manager and risk manager). Can we install all components in 1 server? Or we need install separately?

Ans: Yes, the CCS can be installed as a complete Suite. You can install all components in 1 server.

2. May I know each component have 1 agent or 1 agent for all 5 component?

Ans: You just require 1 Agent for all of the 5 Components.

3. CCS Server can deploy the agent or it require 3rd party to do deployment?

Ans: CCS cannot deploy Agent on its own. You need to manually install it or you need to use any 3rd Party tool for doing so.

• 3.  RE: CCS 12.0

Posted Dec 05, 2017 07:07 AM

Hi,

just to add on Sayand answers:

1. You can install all components on one server but do that only for your demo or lab environment. For production environment consult the Planning and Deployment guide for minimum HW requirements and also for sizing guides. Also note that you will need Active Directory environment and MSSQL Server to even install CCS for demo/lab purpose, so keep that in mind if you do not have that already set-up. 

2. Only Standard Manager component has an agent. Assessment Manager, Risk Manager and Policy Manager are components that are not "scanning" and thus do not have agent component. Vulnerability Manager I believe is only capable of scanning agent-less.