Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

• 1.  cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Posted Oct 04, 2017 10:09 AM
    Hi, When my domain (fontaineinsertion.fr) tries to write mails to the different recipient of domains (…@schneider-electric.com) and (...@sdf.fr). We have the error messages: <eric.lacroix@schneider-electric.com>: host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com[85.158.139.3] refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message. Or <M.Fleurot@sdh.fr>: host cluster1.eu.messagelabs.com[85.158.136.227] refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 16209, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message. Can you investigate my problem? My Server ip 213.246.62.66 I already check http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/, but my IPs does not have a negative reputation I followed your procedure twice a few weeks ago. (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH82881.html) I still have no replies If you need more information, contact to me. Best regards, ROTH Charlie

• 2.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2017 09:31 AM

Hi Charlie, 

I have submitted request to remove restrictions from your IP. That should be done in the next hour or so. 

Regards, 

SymArt

• 3.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Posted Oct 10, 2017 10:26 AM

Hi,

i have same problem to @mazdaeur.com.

My server IP 176.31.116.222 and we have checked the mail servers, and they have no evidence of problem:

- none of them is in blacklist
    - none of them is in Symantec blacklist (ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/)
    - all of them have good reputation in talosintelligence.com
    - all of them have an updated antivirus
    - we checked logfiles and there are no strange behaviour

I followed your procedure twice a few weeks ago. (https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH828...) I still have no replies

If you need more information, contact to me.

Best regards,

Simone Marchion

• 4.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 11, 2017 04:55 PM

Hi Simone, 

Restrictions have been lifted from your IP. It may take about an hour for changes to propagate. 

Regards, 

SymArt

• 5.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Posted Oct 12, 2017 03:38 AM

Hi Sym_Art,

I confirm that I have sent the email with the report at investigation@review.symantec.com and I now confirm the correct operation.

Thanks for support

Regars,

Simone

• 6.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 08:02 AM

Hi Simone, 

Have you already tried submitting sample to our investigations address (Investigation@review.symantec.com) with the error message received and your sending IP?

Regards, 

SymArt

• 7.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Posted Dec 20, 2017 04:30 AM

HI Sym_Art,

I got the same problem als Charlie Roth. I am getting the message:

(host cluster1.eu.messagelabs.com[85.158.136.227] refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 16210, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.)

Now there where some spamming problems form my mailserver. Some websites where able to send e-mail under different kind of names that didnt't exists in the users table. Now i integrated this feature, when a e-mail don't exists in my user table the system rejects the e-mail. So spamming under different different names is not a option anymore. Also website (morelights.nl) has been inspected and cleaned up. When i see in my mail.log file the system doesn't spam anymore.

Also i contacted the support desk by mailing to the recommended investigation address. This was there answer:

Dear IT Interactive,

We are writing to inform you that Symantec Brightmail, as a purely discretionary matter, has decided to lift the block on the message submitted to us for investigation. We wrote a rule filter on your submitted message as a result of significant user complaints and receipt of messages in our decoy email accounts. This indicates to us that you do not have a clean list. Although we have lifted the filtering rule against this mailing list, we recommend that you reconfirm and promptly update your mailing list to remove users who have opted out, and implement a double opt in process. If we continue to receive a higher level of user complaints and/or receive messages in our decoy accounts, there is no assurance that we will not reinitiate a block on your messages.

Best Regards,

Symantec Brightmail Investigation Team

Its hard to read but as far i understand i am removed from the blockage, but when i try to mail some one that is connected with messagelabs system i am still getting the above error "refused to talk to me".

Please could you remove me also from the deblock list. I am recieving complaints that some of my users aren't able to mail to there customers. 

My IP:  212.83.175.128

If there is any what i need to do, please let me know.

With kind regards,
    Taede Sibma

• 8.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2017 11:48 AM

Hello Taede,

Hope you're doing well.

I've requested for your IP to be removed from the block list.

Thanks

Roberto

• 9.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Posted Dec 28, 2017 07:36 AM

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for your reply and for removing my IP address from de blacklist.

Also i think that my IP address is already removed from the blacklist. All the messages that has been send to other people that uses the messagelabs system are gone from the internal queue. 

Never the less it's always good to get a confirmation from real people.

Taede

• 10.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Posted Dec 28, 2017 07:38 AM

Hi Roberto,

Thank you for your reply and for removing my IP from the blacklist.

Also i think that the IP address is already removed from the blacklist. All of the mails that are queued regarding the error message are gone. 

Never the less it's its always good to get a confirmation from real people :-D

Taede

• 11.  RE: cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com refused to talk to me: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 9002

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2018 10:40 AM

Hello Taede,

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to confirm the issue has been resolved with ip 212.83.175.128.

Have a good continuation, apologies for the inconvience its may have caused.

Roberto