Endpoint Security Complete

View Only
  • 1.  configure exchange 2003 profile within symantec mobile management

Posted Jun 05, 2012 03:31 AM

Does anyone have ideas how to best configure eas (the exchange account) within symnatec mobile mangement.

I've tried , but the automattically enrollment email account enforces the email not to function when sending email.

example:

my domain  :dom.com

exchange server : https//:mobile.dom.com

the email that is enrolled is named: <username> @mobile.dom.com 

the mobile word has been added as you could see.

regards

• 2.  RE: configure exchange 2003 profile within symantec mobile management

Posted Jun 05, 2012 01:51 PM

Create an EAS profile that has a blank username, but all other information correct.  

Let's say your e-mail address is bob.smith@company.com.  Bob's AD username is rsmith.  Bob's ActiveSync URL is mail.company.com.  Finally, Bob's domain is ad.company.com.

Bob needs to enroll his iOS device using bob.smith@company.com as his username.  This will ensure the correct e-mail address is used with the EAS profile.

• 3.  RE: configure exchange 2003 profile within symantec mobile management

Posted Jun 12, 2012 09:23 AM

Thanks for the info.

That indeed would be the soution but unfortunatly I could not get the the user accounts to be changed to user to use a standard user logon name which refers to the email address.

They need to use a code related user logon name because of the dependancy to other systems.

How can I configure the ldap setting to use the user's email address for authentication  (username)?

regards,

Roberto

• 4.  RE: configure exchange 2003 profile within symantec mobile management

Posted Jun 19, 2012 04:27 PM

The method I've posted above is the only current method to deploy a generic EAS profile to iOS devices and have it supply the correct e-mail address to each user/device.  It is designed to draw from the enrolled username, which should be the valid e-mail address.