Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  "Console Error, null [0x12130000]" whenever running commands

Posted Aug 02, 2010 12:09 PM

In my company, we are migrating all of our servers from decentralized, non-connected SEP servers to a single SEP server.
    As a result of this transition, I will only be a limited admin on the new server.  All that I should be limited to, and this has been confirmed by the server admin, is certain OU's/groups and running the restart command on a client.

My problem is, whenever I run a command on a client, whether it be through the java "applet" console, the web console, or changing the IP on my old SEP management console on my old server, I received a "Console Error, null [0x1230000]" dialog box.  When I click OK in this dialog box, I receive the standard dialog box telling me that the command was issued and go to monitors to review the command status.  The problem is that the command never shows up in monitors.  I know that I can view monitors, because I have seen commands issued by others listed there.

This has been tried on Windows XP SP3 Pro, IE6
    Windows XP Pro SP3, IE7
    Windows Server Standard 2003, IE7
    Windows 7 Pro, IE8

all with different versions of Java.  The only method that has not been tried is a direct RDP session to the management server, but I do not have access to the server to launch the console locally.

This is being run on Version 11.0.6005.562

Any guesses?

• 2.  RE: "Console Error, null [0x12130000]" whenever running commands
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2010 12:24 PM

Do you have multiple admins created in SEPM,If yes than Avoid simultaneous editing/applying/deletion of policies etc

Restart the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Service see if that helps

Click  >Start >Run and type services.msc into the Open field.
    Right-click the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager service, click Restart and then click OK.

• 3.  RE: "Console Error, null [0x12130000]" whenever running commands

Posted Aug 03, 2010 01:40 AM
    Try this also
    Click >Start >Run and type %temp% click ok.it will open a folder(user temp).Clear all the contents of it.Restart SEPM service...

• 4.  RE: "Console Error, null [0x12130000]" whenever running commands

Posted Sep 15, 2010 03:13 AM

Hello

Is this problem solved yet? We have the same one after upgrading to ver. 11.0.6100.645.

Our organization has one central office and several regional offices that are replication partners to the central office. Each partner has one management server and rights to manage ONLY his group /management server.

Scan command fails with error null [0x12130000] if we use limited administrator that has full rights for this group. If I log to console with full administrator rights – it is O.K. – scan command is issued correctly.

One more thing – if the client is in the main group even with limited administrator right the command runs normally. If the client is in subgroup – it fails – no matter if the policy inheritance is on or off.

So if the limited administrator wants to send a scan command to a client he has to move him to the main group first. This problem appeared after migration.

Any suggestions?