Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Content Distribution Monitor - IE security test error 3716

Posted Oct 22, 2010 01:43 AM

Hi,

Need help in the configurations. I'm interested in testing out the SEP Content Distribution Monitor. I'm installing it on my client PC to connect to the SEPM server. But when I click on the hta file, I get an error message telling me what to change. I have already made the adjustments to the IE settings and the results are still the same. I've already set the config file to connect to the server as shown in the video tutorial:

• 2.  RE: Content Distribution Monitor - IE security test error 3716

Posted Oct 22, 2010 01:52 AM

whts the version of IE ? have u tried resetting the IE level to low

• 3.  RE: Content Distribution Monitor - IE security test error 3716

Posted Oct 22, 2010 10:36 AM

Are you using the latest version? I know there have been a few fixes made since the tool was first released. Version 4.7 beta is the latest.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/new-sep-content-distribution-monitor-gup-health-checking

Best,

Thomas

• 4.  RE: Content Distribution Monitor - IE security test error 3716

Posted Oct 25, 2010 09:19 PM

@Rafeeq: I'm using IE 8. I also tested it on Firefox portable 3.6.1 although I'm not sure how to make it work using Firefox yet :D . I did try setting it to low and it didn't made any difference.

@Cycletech: I'm using 4.7. I just downloaded it last week. A day before the first post.

• 5.  RE: Content Distribution Monitor - IE security test error 3716

Posted Oct 25, 2010 09:29 PM

I managed to get into the homepage by using Firefox.

I just changed the extension from hta to htm. :D

• 6.  RE: Content Distribution Monitor - IE security test error 3716

Posted Oct 25, 2010 10:41 PM

I've managed to open the file using Firefox. I haven't made the necessary changes yet - haven't setup the necessary access rights for the remote client to the SEPM server. I'm now currently checking on other methods of accessing the Admin$ without the requirement of using normal login credentials.