Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Data Loss Prevention 12.x (Vontu) support for SharePoint 2013 server targets

Posted May 07, 2014 07:09 PM

I see from the Symantec DLP 12 Admin Guide that Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2003 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 are OFFICIALLY supported as server scan targets.

My question is - Is anyone scanning Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2013 from their DLP 12.x Detection hosts?

Per the Symantec DLP 12 Admin Guide - To scan a SharePoint target using Network Discover, you must install the Symantec
    SharePoint solution on the Web Front Ends in a farm. Don't I need a SharePoint Server 2013 compatable version?

• 2.  RE: Data Loss Prevention 12.x (Vontu) support for SharePoint 2013 server targets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2014 10:56 PM

MS office sharepoint 2013 running on Windows Server 2008 R2 supported. 

• 3.  RE: Data Loss Prevention 12.x (Vontu) support for SharePoint 2013 server targets

Trusted Advisor
    Posted May 08, 2014 12:01 AM

BrownAZ,

DLP Version 12 was released last year so SharePoint 2013 was not available to test the SharePoint plugin. So the plugin might actually work with DLP. Keep in mind that the plugin is what makes DLP able to scan it. So the plugin is the key piece to the puzzle.

I would try to install the plugin on SharePoint and see if it works. If not then uninstall the plugin.

Also keep in mind that Version 12.5 is coming in the next couple weeks (1st week of June), which might support 2013.

Hope this makes sense.

If this solves your questions please marked as solved.

Ronak