Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Debug line being written every few seconds "[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1" - How to stop this?

Posted Apr 03, 2009 03:51 PM
    I use a debugging application to output info while writing code.  Just today I had to reinstall Symantec Endpoint Protection and now a line keeps being written every few seconds to the debugger and it is getting in the way of the output I use to debug my code.  I would like a solution for stopping this line from being written.  The debug line is "[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1". 

The process it is referring to by PID is "smcgui.exe".

Thanks.

-modwyer

screen cap:

imagebrowser image

• 2.  RE: Debug line being written every few seconds "[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1" - How to stop this?

Posted Apr 04, 2009 08:44 AM

I can't see your image here but would like to.
    What's the debugger and does this happen even after you put the filter for just your own application?

"[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1" looks to be pretty interesting though.

• 3.  RE: Debug line being written every few seconds "[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1" - How to stop this?

Posted Apr 06, 2009 06:09 PM
    Looks like modwyer8 is using DebugView from the SysInterals suite. Here is a link to the app:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896647.aspx

• 4.  RE: Debug line being written every few seconds "[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1" - How to stop this?

Posted Apr 06, 2009 07:35 PM
    Can you add your programs to exceptions?

• 5.  RE: Debug line being written every few seconds "[3612] m_nMSBtnAllowedAttempt is -1" - How to stop this?

Posted Sep 15, 2009 10:02 AM

One of the Symantec developer left Debug output left in the release.   You should remove this debug statement.