Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Dell Latitude E6400 +AHCI Drivers

Posted Oct 18, 2010 04:52 PM

Greetings,

I've decided to start using the AHCI driver in our images so we can take advantage of the ESATA port.

I think I am having a problem figuring out how to tell what the driver is and for the future how to tell what is the driver I need to use.

Either I am not doing something correctly during the install problem (you know pressing F6 and choosing the drivers from the USB floppy drive).

The link below are for what I think the laptops need.  The reseach pointed out to the link but it took me a long time of researching.

The answer to these questions would greatly help.

1. How can I tell what is the driver I need to download for an E6400?

2. How can I tell what is the driver I need to download for an E6410?

3. What do I need to be looking at on future models that would tell me what driver I need to use? Is it the Chipset or one of the bridges etc?

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2991&DwnldID=18860&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Laptop+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Mobile+Intel%c2%ae+4+Series+Express+Chipset+Family&lang=eng

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=08&l=en&s=bsdr&releaseid=R264761&SystemID=lat_e6400&servicetag=CM1RYH1&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=25784&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=41&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=389178..

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Dell Latitude E6400 +AHCI Drivers

Posted Nov 14, 2010 11:04 PM

Hi Friend,

You don't need to add seperate driver for each of your models in your WinPE template. For models that comes with an intel storage controller, the Vista 32 bit version of latest Intel storage controller is the right answer . Please make use of the following link :

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18860&lang=eng

Please let me know the result.You may mark this as solution once your issue gets fixed with this.

Regards,

Dilip Sebastian

• 3.  RE: Dell Latitude E6400 +AHCI Drivers

Posted Nov 28, 2010 06:12 PM

if you want to be sure you can always download the intel chipset identification utility, a quick google search bring up the intel d/l link

• 4.  RE: Dell Latitude E6400 +AHCI Drivers

Posted Nov 29, 2010 01:30 PM

The procedure I use for ensuring I have the right drivers when a new model arrives on my desk, it to record the plug and play IDs for the entire computer, using the supplied operating system. A simple utility to record this information to a text file can be found here:

Utility to Assist in Identifying Plug and Play Drivers Symantec Connect

Once you have this information, you can check the INF file associated with any driver you download, and verify that the list of supported PNP IDs in the INF file match the PNP ID of your AHCI device. Then you know you have the correct driver.