HP,Altiris Group

• 1.  Deploying HP 5540

Posted May 01, 2009 12:54 PM
    Hi,

Pretty new to Altiris, but have used HP t55x0 for a while... I've recently been tasked with setting up a deployment system for t5540 thin clients.
    What works
    1. Clients show up in Deployment Console 6.9 SP1 - Build 355 installed on Win2k3 R2 SP2 x86
    2. Manually configured prototype thin client with the applications we need (Citrix ICA, TeemCE and VNC server)
    3. Capture image of t5540
    4. Capture configuration of t5440
    5. Deploy image and configuration to new clients work fine - sort of...
    The major issue I'm facing is that none of the new machines succesfully connect to our Citrix farm. I get to "Connection Established. Negotiating capabilities", and then it just disconnects.
    If I then do a factory reset (either through "settings - system" or by pressing F9 during boot, and then upload the captured configuration everything works...

Is there any way of doing a factory reset from Altiris Deployment Console?

Also when uploading a configuraion i MUST manually press F8 in order for Altiris to rediscover the client with the new configuration. If I do not press F8 the client just keep rebooting.

Another issue I'm facing is that neither the Altiris Agent nor VNC works when an Administrator is logged into the thin client.

Any ideas?

Sincerely
    Mikkel