File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Desktop 10.2.0MP3 PUP for UniServ?

Posted Jan 04, 2012 02:03 PM

I see that PGP Desktop 10.2.0MP3 has been available since Dec 1st.
    Will there be a Universal Server PUP for it soon?

• 2.  RE: Desktop 10.2.0MP3 PUP for UniServ?

Posted Jan 05, 2012 09:38 AM

Yes It should be available from fileconnect.symantec.com. Enter you serial number and check if PUP file its available for download.

If not , you can ask Customer Care to make this files available in the download list.

Customer care:
    http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

Please mark post as solution if this answer addressed your questions.

• 3.  RE: Desktop 10.2.0MP3 PUP for UniServ?

Posted Jan 11, 2012 04:30 PM

We have been using PGP Desktop 10.2.0MP3 on a handfull of machines to see if it resolved a pgptray.exe problem we had with with the previous version.  Seems to be working good.  Question now is how to deploy to rest of machines, and do I need to upgrade our Universal Server first?  Also, none of our users can have any admin rights, and the update option is disabled on the desktop settings.  I inherited this project and am learning on the fly.  Thanks for any help.

• 4.  RE: Desktop 10.2.0MP3 PUP for UniServ?

Posted Jan 27, 2012 11:59 AM
    Well, no luck. After bouncing between Customer Care and Tech Support, I still don't have the PUP. Could you verify please Julian?

• 5.  RE: Desktop 10.2.0MP3 PUP for UniServ?

Posted Jan 27, 2012 01:08 PM
    The latest from Customer Support is that the desktop client MP3 is included in the server MP3 update.

• 6.  RE: Desktop 10.2.0MP3 PUP for UniServ?

Posted Jan 27, 2012 01:49 PM

All,

I suggest upgrading Universal 3.2MP3 (PUP exists) , which includes MP3 client.
    You can go straight from 3.2 base to MP3.

cariboujohn, you should install each client manually. If already installed, you can enable automatic update in your policy so users will be prompted to install the MP3 client.
    Universal , Consumers Policy, select policy, General section click Edit, Checkbox for Automatic updates"

After PGP re initialization,  they should be prompted for update shortly

Hope it helps