Data Loss Prevention

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

• 1.  DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Jul 08, 2014 01:20 AM

Hello All,  I have just freshly deployed DLP 12.0.1 for one of my customers. Now I am looking for some initial sample policies that I can configure on DLP that will Initially Monitor or log incidents but does not block anything be it Endpoint Prevent, Network Discover , SharePoint Scanning, Exchange Scanning etc etc . 

So I will be really greatful if some one can share some sort of a template or initial policies that I can configure in my envoirement for the initial monitoring which I can fine tune with the pessage of time.

Your kind response will be highly appreciated. Regards,

• 2.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Jul 08, 2014 06:18 AM

Any 1 ?

• 3.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jul 09, 2014 03:20 AM

hello,

you could get some default policies in all solution pack available with DLP so you will have some default policies related to your customer business activity (and also some default profile).

regards.

• 4.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Jul 09, 2014 03:34 AM

Hello Stephane thanks for the reply, Actually When DLP was deployed no solution pack was imported into it. 

• 5.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Jul 09, 2014 03:36 AM

Prior to running a network discover scan either on SharePoint, Exchange , DB etc etc . We need to define some policies that will leverage with this scan . Could you please refer to the page number in the admin guide or some article that will shed more light on these policies that we are required to configure prior to running a netwrok discover scan ? 

thanks

• 6.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 12, 2014 01:28 AM

Hi ,

Please create few policies based on your Customer's Business activity.

Let us know your customer's Business activity i.e. for e.g. Telecom, Bank, insurance etc..

i can share you few templates.

• 7.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Aug 12, 2014 01:33 AM

Hello Sym_DLP Thanks for your reply. Its a telecom organization. I am implementing Endpoint Prevent so I

would be really glad if you can share some policies that I can implement.

Thanks and Regards,

• 8.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Aug 14, 2014 10:51 AM

Hello "Outrageous" ... 

Why do not you use one of the packages of patterns of tool solutions such as: 

Retail_SolutionPack_v12 

or 

Telecom_SolutionPack_v12 

If the problem was not imported in the endpoint deployment server, you can stop the services of servers and ENFORCE ENDPOINT and make subsequent installation of the packages, I did in my environment and it worked! 

Hope this helps ...

• 9.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Aug 15, 2014 02:20 AM

Thanks for your reply Danielolima but as far as i know you cannot import a solution pack after the detection server has been deployed and registered.

If you have any article on this then please do share

• 10.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Aug 19, 2014 03:14 AM

Dear outrageous,

You first need to import Telecome solution pack which having some defuault policies related to Telecom and can be used for futhre monitoring. Keep setting on server as monitor. Still you want to create policies I would provide you some policy details which further you can create by some research.

• Restricted Recipients Policy
    • Credit Card Numbers Policy
    • Customer Data Protection Policy
    • Employee Data Protection Policy
    • Network Security Policy
    • Network Diagrams Policy

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlp-policies-need-be-created

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/symantec-dlp-policy-creation-and-maturity-methodprocess

See below video for policies on symantec DLP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlRZhB60PU4

• 11.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Aug 19, 2014 03:32 AM

Dear kishorilal1986 thanks a lot for your help.

No solution pack was imported into the Enforce prior to installaton the detection server. As far as I know I cannot import solution pack now , please confirm if I can do it now ?

Thanks & Regards

• 12.  RE: DLP 12.0.1 Initial Sample Monitoring Policies

Posted Aug 19, 2014 04:46 AM

You can try now but as per installation method,Solution pack must  be imported  right away after the installation of Symantec Enforce server installation and before any detection server installation.