Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Dlp 12.5.1 endpoint prevent using F5 load balancer

Posted Mar 05, 2015 07:08 PM

I am trying to setup DLP 12.5.1 endpoint using a f5 load balancer, Virtual IP, and 3 endpoint servers.  I am using the standard 10443 ssl port.  I have stickey sessions turned on and it appears that my system will communicate fine to the VIP while inside our company network.  When I am on direct access though i get a message that the server cannot be contacted from the client logs even though I can ping and telnet to the port.  Anyone have any ideas.  Also, do I need to import the SSL certificate into the f5 load balancer to do this?  Any advice from someone who has used F5 to load balance clients would be appreciated

• 2.  RE: Dlp 12.5.1 endpoint prevent using F5 load balancer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 11:16 PM

Ok, so I dont think the issue is with the Load balancer and I was told that I do not need the ssl certificate from the DLP server on the F5.  I am getting different comments from different tech support folks.  One is telling me that DLP agent on an endpoint workstation that has a IPv6 address is not supported and doesnt work.Microsoft direct access uses IPv6.  Can anyone else confirm that this is the case or can anyone tell me if they are using Direct Access with their workstations on there network and have the agent working?