Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP 15.0 OCR

Posted Nov 12, 2017 09:38 PM

Guys,

Anyone installed the OCR installer? do you know how to install and configure the OCR server?

I tried using the dlp 15.0 installation guide..still hit dead end?

do i need to configure? can share expertise

• 2.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 13, 2017 08:56 AM

Installing the OCR server is more or less a simple "click next" install. Once that is in place there is configuration to make Enforce aware of the OCR service and then attach it to the appropriate detection server. the directions for doing so are at the link below. For most deployments this is all that you need to do and then content will use OCR and then run the extracted content through the other detection methods.

https://help.symantec.com/cs/DLP15.0/DLP/v122760196_v120691346/Creating-an-OCR-configuration?locale=EN_US

• 3.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 16, 2017 09:25 AM

hi,

you also need to get dedicated license to install it as it is not part of standard DLP licences. It is available in bundle with OCR and form recongnition.

regards

• 4.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Posted Nov 16, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi All, 

Could you please help me to get URL of download the DLP server for trial?

so i can use in my lab for testing purpose. I'm new in  symantec DLP

Thank you 

Regards

Mukesh

• 5.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Posted Nov 21, 2017 05:21 AM

Mukesh

You need to request the Symantec partner to arrange a trial license for DLP for you and if you already a partner of Symantec then login to your partner net account and request for DLP trial from there. 

Regards
    Alam

• 6.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Posted Nov 21, 2017 09:26 AM

Hi Stephane,

Thank you for your advise. I cannot find the ocr license in the partner net portal?

Do you have the link to request for OCR license?

Appreciate your response.

Thank you

• 7.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Posted May 07, 2018 10:39 AM

In the guide it says you need  "A certificate for communication between the OCR client on the Enforce Server and the OCR Server." What certificate does it need? the same one that the Detection Servers use in their Keystore? Does the OCR server have a keystore folder? The guide and documentation I have found do not mention this at all, this is very vague and the lack of specifics is concerning. 

• 8.  RE: DLP 15.0 OCR

Trusted Advisor
    Posted May 07, 2018 12:16 PM

@Asogan..

Here is more info on the OCR installer.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.doc10612.html

As mentioned you will need to do the following:

1. Get a separate license for the OCR SLP poduct - It is not part of the DLP suite and is a different license
    2. Download the file with the new license
    3. Make sure to install and configure the OCR server on a different machine as outlined in the link provided

Good Luck,

Ronak

PLEASE MARKED SOLVED WHEN POSSIBLE