Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP Endpoint Detection Servers 14.6.1

Posted Jun 05, 2017 08:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

I have some DLP endpoint detection servers on 14.0.1 in an old enforce enviornment. I want to move them to a new enforce on 14.6.1. The question I have is that I have about 50k agents on 14.0.1. If I uninstall DLP from these endpoint detection severs completely and do a clean install of 14.6.1 and point it to the new enforce, will the agents that were communicating to the detection server commmunicate after a clean install of the detection server once moved over to the new enforce. The agents will remain at 14.0.1 until I can get them fully upgraded to 14.6.1. I have been having issues with VDI, Macs, and some software conflicts with Windows. So far my luck so far with 14.6.1 agent has been subpar. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: DLP Endpoint Detection Servers 14.6.1
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 05:58 PM

This should work, but there may be an issue with the agents communicating to the server. All depends on how you configured/created the agent installation packages.

I think there may be an issue with the Communication certificates/key.

You may want to upgrade the agents as part of this and create a NEW package on the Newer Enforce consoel and do an uninstall and reinstall with the new 14. package.

Check with Support.

• 3.  RE: DLP Endpoint Detection Servers 14.6.1

Posted Jun 06, 2017 05:15 AM
    Hello, It shouldn't be a problem. I have done my self the same installation based on these versions (migrate 14.0.2 agents to 14.6 agent/enforce). Just use the package created with the new enforce version. By the way, bear in mind that there are current some known issues with Windows 10 Creators update and the lastest version of DLP. Regards,

• 4.  RE: DLP Endpoint Detection Servers 14.6.1

Posted Jun 06, 2017 11:25 AM

Thank you. I reached out to support and they also informed me about windows 10 issue. I will update the agents first before moving any detection servers that have agent on them due to the certificate issue,

Thank you all for your help!.

• 5.  RE: DLP Endpoint Detection Servers 14.6.1

Posted Jun 29, 2017 03:47 PM

Please post a link to the issue with Windows 10 Creator and 14.6.1 DLP agent. I am having issues with 1511 and was hoping a later version of Windows would not have issues.

Forgot to mention: my environment currently has 14.6 servers (enforce and detection) and 14.0 agents with no issues. The issues I'm seeing are specifically with trying to upgrade the clients using silent installs fwtw.