Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Docker still not 100% working with SEP14.0 installed even adding the exceptions policy

Posted Feb 14, 2019 01:31 AM

Dear Community,

We are running a Dynamics 365 Business Central docker environment on a windows2016 VM.

Our company recently upgraded our safety software to SEP14.0 (14.0.3897.1101) on that VM.

Then the docker container of that VM stops working(we are no longer to run the container or creating new container).

So our support team followed the Symantec's official instruction created the windows file exceptions to the

exceptions policy.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH246815.html

Now, the docker environment is partially working, we can create new container images, but it still throwing error and

warning messages.

For example: 

1. DNS resolution not working from within the container
    2. Unable to initialization of the container due to the “Cannot Start Service MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer"

Just ask if any ideas about resolve this kind of issue. As our company policy requires the docker environment works with SEP.

Thank you.

Regards

Harry

• 2.  RE: Docker still not 100% working with SEP14.0 installed even adding the exceptions policy

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Feb 15, 2019 02:58 AM

This sounds like firewall issue to me. Have you checked the firewall logs and allow the traffic where needed?

• 3.  RE: Docker still not 100% working with SEP14.0 installed even adding the exceptions policy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 15, 2019 10:03 PM

I agree with Tony. I have this set up with SEP 14 and all is working for me.