Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  E6530 SEE 8.2.0 No USB power at preboot menu

Posted Aug 21, 2012 05:14 PM

When SEE initializes for the pre-windows login screen, power is cut to all external USB devices (lights all go off). Have to use the laptop's keyboard to log in, then power is restored to all usb devices onces windows starts initializing. External devices all have power and are usuable prior to the encryption pre-boot loading (boot menu, bios, etc).

The power cut also happens on the E6520 series laptops, but the power is restored after a brief pause and the USB devices are usable for the SEE login screen.

The laptops ship with A02 bios, and I've tried the lates, A03. I've gone through all the bios options and can not find anything that is helping at all. I have not found a link to try the A01 bios..

I know there is an 8.2.1 update, but I only see references to HP fixes, no Dell references. Please let me know if there might be a possible fix in there. Hesitant to upgrade the whole server if the patches are not addressing our systems.

Any assistance would be appriciated.

• 2.  RE: E6530 SEE 8.2.0 No USB power at preboot menu

Posted Sep 06, 2012 05:00 PM

It would be nice if some one had posted something, at all, for this issue...

If any one else is searching, here you go:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH166652