Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Email being blocked - 553 Message filtered

Posted Jul 14, 2017 05:09 PM

Email from our domain (knightstone.co.uk) sent via our Office365 email service to exchange online users who are unable to send out email.

Error Details
    Reported error: 550 5.0.350 Remote server returned an error -> 553 you are trying to use me [server-15.tower-180.messagelab;s.com] as a relay, but I have not been configured to;let you [213.199.154.113, mail-am5eur03lp0113.outbound.p;rotection.outlook.com] do this. Please visit;www.symanteccloud.com/troubleshooting for more details;about this error message and instructions to resolve;this issue. (#5.7.1)
    DSN generated by: AM5PR0902MB2065.eurprd09.prod.outlook.com
    Remote server: server-15.tower-180.messagelabs.com

We have enabled Static route on MessageLabs with confirmation that test email worked.

Please can we get the block lifted??

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Email being blocked - 553 Message filtered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:06 AM

Hi Chris

Is this still an issue? Looking at your domain I see no reason why you would be receiving this error any more.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Email being blocked - 553 Message filtered

Posted Jul 17, 2017 01:48 PM

Hi Ian, we turned this off on Exchange Online until we got clarification on what the problem was. Obviously I can turn it back on however I feel that will result in emails not being able to be sent from EO.

We did have this response from Symantec support:

"The option here would be to have the domain registered on the portal, smarthost set up for messagelabs, IPs whitelisted on the firewall, and hosted services selected on the outboud routes - all of this should do the job to avoid such issues"

I replied advising our domain 'knightstone.co.uk is arleady registered on messagelabs and has been our primary domain on there for quite a few years.

If 'hosted servervices' is selected on the outbound route, will this stop our other outbound routes for non-office 365 email, such as our on premise exchange email - which is working fine through Symantec?

Thanks

Chris

• 4.  RE: Email being blocked - 553 Message filtered

Posted Jul 17, 2017 06:50 PM

I believe I've resolved this now. I've had a look out of hours and have toggled on the Hosted Email script - mail flow now working correctly.

Consequently I've tested incoming/outgoing email from an on premise account and this appears OK too!

• 5.  RE: Email being blocked - 553 Message filtered

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 03:19 AM

Hi Chris

I'm glad its working now. Just to answer your question about the outbound routes you can have multiple different outbound routes entered. All the outbound route is doing is authorising those IPs on our infrastructure to be allowed to relay mail for your account so you could for example enable the Hosted Services in outbound routes and have many other individual and seperate IP addresses.

The only time you will see this error when sending outbound via us is if you are sending from an IP that does not appear in your outbound routes.

Hope that helps.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer