Email Security.cloud

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

• 1.  Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 18, 2017 05:09 AM

Hi, I have posted several times in other threads but they seem to be being missed.

We too have the 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] problem, and as with everyone else, our server is not blacklisted anywhere else and your own IP Reputation Investigation page at http://ipremoval.sms.symantec.com/lookup/ says "The IP address you submitted, 109.123.121.23, does not have a negative reputation and therefore cannot be submitted for investigation.".

The blocked emails return...

host cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.136.35]
     SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
     501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 12503, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    Reporting-MTA: dns; host1.miconcepts.co.uk

Action: failed
    Final-Recipient: rfc822;************
    Remote-MTA: dns; cluster3.eu.messagelabs.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 12503, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

This seems to be a serious problem with Symantec.

Can you please fix this for our server - 109.123.121.23

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2017 05:38 AM

Hi Lee

I've checked your IP and I cannot see your IP lisyed any more on the list which would cause this error.

Can I ask you to check and confirm if this is still an issue?

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 20, 2017 11:11 AM

The last time this happened was 18th July. If it happens again I will report back.

Kind regards,

Lee.

• 4.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 21, 2017 09:33 AM

Hi, Yes this has not been fixed. We just received another email bounceback, as follows:-

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
    recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

host cluster2.eu.messagelabs.com [195.245.230.131]
       501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 7810, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    Reporting-MTA: dns; host1.miconcepts.co.uk

Final-Recipient: rfc822;****************
    Remote-MTA: dns; cluster2.eu.messagelabs.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 7810, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

Can you please fix this! It has been ages now. This is atrocious by Symantec.

• 5.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 03:58 AM

Hi Lee

I still dont see a listing on the IP 109.123.121.23 that you provided that would cause this.

Are you sure this is the publicly facing IP?

Can you give me an example of one o the emails you're trying to send.

I'd need sender, recipient, subjectm date and time.

Thanks

Ian Tiller

• 6.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 25, 2017 04:58 AM

Sorry but I am not happy about this. We have more returned emails. The message is the same, except this one is from a domain on our server. The ip would be 109.123.84.109.

Yes I am sure that it is a publicly facing ip. You can look up the ip from either of the emails I have given you.

host cluster4.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.137.68]
       501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3102, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    Reporting-MTA: dns; miconcepts.co.uk

Final-Recipient: rfc822;***********
    Remote-MTA: dns; cluster4.eu.messagelabs.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3102, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

• 7.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 25, 2017 05:05 AM

My last post has now disappeared!

Yes I am sure this is a public facing ip. You can look up the ip from either of the emails provided.

I cannot give the full sender details etc on a public forum with no 'Mark as Private' functionality!

My company are really very unhappy about this now.

The latest blocked email is as follows:-

host cluster4.eu.messagelabs.com [85.158.137.68]
       501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3102, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.
    Reporting-MTA: dns; miconcepts.co.uk

Final-Recipient: rfc822;**********
    Remote-MTA: dns; cluster4.eu.messagelabs.com
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7] 3102, please visit www.messagelabs.com/support for more details about this error message.

The ip for this one may be 109.123.84.109, which is another ip on the same server as the first.

So for clarification we have host1.miconcepts.co.uk - ip 109.123.121.23 and miconcepts.co.uk - ip 109.123.84.109, both being blocked. Neither showing up on your 'IP Reputation Investigation page'. Not happy!

• 8.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 06:47 AM

Hi Lee

I've checked the IP you gave initially again (109.123.121.23) and this 100% does not have any blocks in place against it on our systems that would cause the 7.7 error you are seeing.

I see you have provided a second IP as well in your latest post. You;ve not provided this before. I can tell you that this IP (109.123.84.109) does have a block in place against it that would cause the 7.7 error you are seeing.

As such I'll raise this to the relevant team to be investigated and I'll update you shortly.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 9.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 25, 2017 06:51 AM

Thank you Ian!

The first email bounceback was stated as host1.miconcepts.co.uk which is 109.123.121.23. Perhaps the helo was reported wrongly.

• 10.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 25, 2017 09:42 AM

Is there any news on this yet? Thank you.

• 11.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 04:31 AM

Hi Lee

The IP 109.123.84.109 has now been removed from the listing that casues the 7,7 error.

Please check and confirm that you arent seeing this any more and if so please mark this thread as resolved.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

• 12.  RE: Email being blocked wrongly - 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]

Posted Jul 27, 2017 09:34 AM

Thank you. Yes its all fine now, emails are not being blocked.

Kind regards,

Lee.