Email Security.cloud

View Only
  • 1.  Emails not being recv by Messagelabs customers 250 - No NDR Generated

Posted Jul 30, 2017 02:04 PM

Hi,

We are also having the exact same issue as this person in another recent post.

"emails not getting to messagelabs clients; recieved with 250, no NDR"

https://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/emails-not-getting-messagelabs-clients-recieved-250-no-ndr?list_context_id=1711&list_context_type=sc_forum

e-mails from our domain marks-clerk.com are being accepted by the messagelabs mail servers, but not forwarded onto the customer/client no NDR's are being generated. This has been happening for the last 3-4 weeks.

Alot of important e-mails are not being delivered, but we can see successful delivery to the mesagelabs servers from our tracking system, we utilise Mimecast.

Our mail server IP's are

This only appears to be happening with customers of Messagelabs.

Can someone please assist?

• 2.  RE: Emails not being recv by Messagelabs customers 250 - No NDR Generated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:19 AM

Hi Govinder

I've checked the reputations of the IPs you gave me and see no issue with this with our services.

As such can I ask you to detail a few examples of the mails that you have seen issues with.

I would need the sender, recipient, subject, date and time of a few emails. I can then try and track down the logs of those emails and see if we can see what is happening.

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer

• 3.  RE: Emails not being recv by Messagelabs customers 250 - No NDR Generated

Posted Aug 02, 2017 04:43 AM

Hi Ian,

I have sent you a private message with the details that you requested.

Many Thanks

Govinder

• 4.  RE: Emails not being recv by Messagelabs customers 250 - No NDR Generated

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 02, 2017 06:44 AM

Hi Govinder

Checking the information you've provided it looks as though your mails are getting caught by the Anti-Spam service.

As such please follow the process laid out here:

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH82881.html

Thank you

Ian Tiller

Tier 2 Senior Technical Support Engineer 

• 5.  RE: Emails not being recv by Messagelabs customers 250 - No NDR Generated

Posted Aug 02, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi Ian,

Appreciate your prompt reply.

What is concerning is the majority if not all of these e-mails are “run of the mill” type e-mails that we send to our clients on a daily basis, and have been absolutely fine up until a couple of weeks ago.

As something changed @ Messagelabs, which has increased the level sensitivity perhaps?

The fact we do not get a NDR or notification from ML that an e-mail is being rejected or held back does not help matters at all!

Are you able to provide me an example via PM of why they are getting caught up by your spam engine?

• 6.  RE: Emails not being recv by Messagelabs customers 250 - No NDR Generated

Posted Aug 03, 2017 03:06 AM

a