Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint 11.0 MR5 issue with new packages

Posted Sep 29, 2009 02:25 PM
    Everytime we create new package with MR5 it does not have the features we are telling it to create with.  Such as Network Threat Protection.  Anyone else with these issues? We are going to try to make some packages with MR4 to see if its with the server or the template.

• 2.  RE: Endpoint 11.0 MR5 issue with new packages

Posted Sep 29, 2009 07:55 PM
    When you are creating your package, are you choosing to export to a single exe file? Or are you unchecking it. I have seen this in the past if Single exe is checked. As a test could you try to create an uncompressed package and see if the install works as expected that way?

Thanks.

• 3.  RE: Endpoint 11.0 MR5 issue with new packages

Posted Sep 29, 2009 10:13 PM
    I have no issue with single exe . all components are added successfully in that exe.

• 4.  RE: Endpoint 11.0 MR5 issue with new packages

Posted Sep 30, 2009 03:16 AM
    No such issues so far,
    in the drop down menu make sure that you select all the featues
    P.S: no matter what options you select by default it creates evertying, the difference is they wont get activated.
    if you creat a package with just AV and ASpyware .
    and install it on machine,you can stil go to control pannel- add / remove progreams / modify and install NTP gets installed with no problem.

• 5.  RE: Endpoint 11.0 MR5 issue with new packages

Posted Sep 30, 2009 03:27 AM
    Create a new client install feature set and try to export the package...
    (You can also try creating new  client install settings with remove all old logs and policies option..) 

• 6.  RE: Endpoint 11.0 MR5 issue with new packages
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 03, 2009 11:36 AM
    I tried all of the above and nothing worked.  I had to use the deployment wizard and create a package and then go back in the admin console and recreate my packages and they worked fine.  Not sure whay I had to use the deployment wizard first.  JUST FYI.