Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint agent issues after upgrade to 15.0 MP1

Posted Jun 15, 2018 06:07 AM

Hello,

We recently upgraded all DLP Servers to 15.0 MP1  and when I was testing the new 15.0 MP1 agent package, I observed following issues.

1) Agent tasks alsmost everytime expire. Sometimes "Set Log Level" or "Restart" tasks will work but intermittently.

2) I have changed the text on the Title Bar and MSG Title for "Endpoint Notify" response rule, however, the notification pop-up window still shows the text that comes by default.

3) I have agent groups created based on machine naming convention. They were working absolutely fine till 14.6 MP2. However, post upgrade to 15.0 MP2, the mahcines that I install with 15.0 MP1 package, do not show up under any group. The user name, agent group and agent configuration columns show up blank for these testing machines.

I gave tried below steps:

1) Create new package, new agen groups, new configurations

2) Tried on different machines for testing

3) Have applied the hotfix for agent events just to be sure that the excessive agent events were not causing this.

Has anyone faced any such or similar issues post upgrade to 15.0 MP1?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Endpoint agent issues after upgrade to 15.0 MP1

Posted Jun 27, 2018 09:31 AM

I believe this is an known issue and below link will help you on that.

https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.ALERT2576.html

• 3.  RE: Endpoint agent issues after upgrade to 15.0 MP1

Posted Jun 29, 2018 03:49 AM
    Hey Murugan, Thanks for your comment. However, the issue persisted even after installing this hotfix. I missed on mentioning that in my first post. However, issue stands fixed now.

• 4.  RE: Endpoint agent issues after upgrade to 15.0 MP1

Posted Jun 29, 2018 03:49 AM
    Hey Murugan, Thanks for your comment. However, the issue persisted even after installing this hotfix. I missed on mentioning that in my first post. However, issue stands fixed now.