Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Nov 06, 2015 09:33 AM

Hi!

We lost the master password that is used for decryption. Do I need to create a new framework package again?

Thx!

• 2.  RE: Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Nov 06, 2015 10:07 AM

What do you mean by the Master password?  Are you talking about the Management Server password controlling access to the OTP utility or the Client Administrator Password?

• 3.  RE: Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Nov 06, 2015 10:12 AM

Essentially, if all you've lost is the Client Admin, then you should be able to just create a new client admin via the SEE Full Disk policies.

If you've lost the Management Server Password however, then things are a little more drawn out as there's no simple recovery.  The below article describes the process of simply applying a new password and updating the existing clients to recognise that change:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153740

• 4.  RE: Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Nov 06, 2015 12:32 PM

Hi SMLatCST! thx for the answear!

Every time I want to decrypt a PC via console, ask me for the password and the administrator lost it. Do you recommend to use the KB that you suggest?

• 5.  RE: Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:36 PM

Hi SMLatCST! thx for the answear!

Every time I want to decrypt a PC via console, ask me for the password and the administrator lost it. Do you recommend to use the KB that you suggest?